Question CPU And GPU not being optimized

Jun 20, 2019
I recently upgraded my CPU to the Ryzen 2700X. I upgraded because I had previously had an Intel I3 and it was bottle necking my GPU (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950). I have the new CPU installed and when I opened my first game which was getting about 20FPS with my old CPU, I got the same FPS as before. I had MSI afterburner open and saw that my CPU had only about %10 load while my GPU was only at 10-30% load. It obviously could do more since I was still only getting 20 FPS. Any ideas as to why my GPU is so vastly underperforming?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
An I3(which one, specifically?) paired with a GTX 950 should deliver playable framerates. Sounds like you had something else going on.
Have you reinstalled the OS? Installed all the motherboard drivers? Updated the graphics drivers using DDU?

Jun 20, 2019
An I3(which one, specifically?) paired with a GTX 950 should deliver playable framerates. Sounds like you had something else going on.
Have you reinstalled the OS? Installed all the motherboard drivers? Updated the graphics drivers using DDU?
The I3 was my old CPU, now i have the AMD Ryzen 2700x. I dont have a disk drive on my computer so i tried to download all of the correct drivers for my motherboard from the MSI website. I believe i downloaded all of them. I just Used DDU for the Graphics drivers and the problem still persisted.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
By which I3(there's another number after the 'I3' part), I meant, was it an I3 760? 2130? 4130?
It's not a big deal if you don't know the exact model.
Have you reinstalled windows yet? It's required to do so after a major hardware change like that, otherwise the OS is currently optimized for your old I3.

Jun 20, 2019
By which I3(there's another number after the 'I3' part), I meant, was it an I3 760? 2130? 4130?
Have you reinstalled windows yet? It's required to do so after a major hardware change like that, otherwise the OS is currently optimized for your old I3.
Yeah i cant remember which I3 it was exactly, i will try reinstalling windows and see if that fixes the issue, thanks for the input.

Jun 20, 2019

Update: I reinstalled windows and the problem still persists. Any other ideas? I was thinking that possibly my power supply dosent have enough watts to allow them to run at full capacity but I have a 460 watt PSU so that seems unlikely.