ChapyYxx

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2014
So I've been having this issue for a while and it's eating away at me. I have an rtx 2080, ryzen 7 2700, 16gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, and the cpu and gpu never hit load while gaming. Temps are fine, the cpu is cooled by a 240mm aio, and in benchmarks and when gaming doesn't go over ~45c. The gpu doesn't hit over 55c, so I'm wondering where the throttling could be. I've run the time spy benchmark (from 3dmark demo version) and the components will reach load in their respective tests but will never be close to hitting load at the same time (usually both sit around 45 - 55%).

The CPU will boost up to around 4ghz but only the time spy results tell me that, I can't actually see the boost in task manager for whatever reason, it just shows 3.45ghz, so I can't tell how long the boost is being held for, but because it did reach 4ghz I feel like it's not a major cpu bottleneck.

My only idea is power draw, I have a 650w psu, which I guess could be underpowered for this rig, but if power draw was an issue wouldn't I just blue screen when the card gets too hungry? Any help with this would be wonderful because I REALLY want to get the most out of this rig, and right now I'm not getting what I know it should be putting out. Thanks.

shivababbli

Distinguished
So I've been having this issue for a while and it's eating away at me. I have an rtx 2080, ryzen 7 2700, 16gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, and the cpu and gpu never hit load while gaming. Temps are fine, the cpu is cooled by a 240mm aio, and in benchmarks and when gaming doesn't go over ~45c. The gpu doesn't hit over 55c, so I'm wondering where the throttling could be. I've run the time spy benchmark (from 3dmark demo version) and the components will reach load in their respective tests but will never be close to hitting load at the same time (usually both sit around 45 - 55%).

The CPU will boost up to around 4ghz but only the time spy results tell me that, I can't actually see the boost in task manager for whatever reason, it just shows 3.45ghz, so I can't tell how long the boost is being held for, but because it did reach 4ghz I feel like it's not a major cpu bottleneck.

My only idea is power draw, I have a 650w psu, which I guess could be underpowered for this rig, but if power draw was an issue wouldn't I just blue screen when the card gets too hungry? Any help with this would be wonderful because I REALLY want to get the most out of this rig, and right now I'm not getting what I know it should be putting out. Thanks.
Can you please share the complete specs.... It may be because of HDD too....

TRENDING THREADS