[SOLVED] CPU and GPU not performing like it should?

Oct 12, 2019
i recently build a new PC, new motherboard, RAM, CPU and GPU.
motherboard: MSI H310M PRO-VD PLUS DDR4 USB 3.1 LGA 1151 Intel H310 Chipset High Performance Intel Gaming Motherboard
CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i5 9400 Coffee Lake Processor - 9MB Cache, 2.9GHz (4.10GHz TURBO) , 95W
GPU: GTX Rog Strix 1650 OC 4gb
RAM:16GB hyperX 2666mhz

i am struggly to get above 50 fps on Rust, 40 fps on Conan exiles and on Rust after a hour or so i get so much lag and heavy fps drops and only gets better after i restarted the game. with my CPU boosted tp 4.1ghz and my GPU OC at 1890Mhz i would think i would atleast get a reasonable fps on RUST.

Solution
Temps are good, but you have to fix the single memory stick. That's what's hurting performance.
You've got the capacity covered, but not memory bandwidth, so when things actually DO get hard on the cpu, it can't keep up, so that's why fps drops so much.

1)Get a 2x 8GB kit and sell the single stick. Memory is only guaranteed to work as sold. No one can give you a concrete answer as to whether the new kit with get along with the single one.
2)Add another 16GB stick. Again, no guarantees on compatibility. You can't get a smaller, 8GB stick, because bios will pick up on that and still run in single channel mode. The sticks have to be identical.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Temps are good, but you have to fix the single memory stick. That's what's hurting performance.
You've got the capacity covered, but not memory bandwidth, so when things actually DO get hard on the cpu, it can't keep up, so that's why fps drops so much.

1)Get a 2x 8GB kit and sell the single stick. Memory is only guaranteed to work as sold. No one can give you a concrete answer as to whether the new kit with get along with the single one.
2)Add another 16GB stick. Again, no guarantees on compatibility. You can't get a smaller, 8GB stick, because bios will pick up on that and still run in single channel mode. The sticks have to be identical.

Solution
Oct 12, 2019

Ahhh i understand. Thanks man will give that a try