[SOLVED] CPU and GPU Spiking

Alaa Ali

Commendable
Feb 29, 2020
Whenever I start a game it runs smoothly for a while but then my CPU and GPU usage starts spiking like in the photos and the game becomes very laggy and annoying without any obvious reason. Any ideas please?
aqqNSxe.png
xo7nWi9.png

Edit: Okay, looks like it indeed was the temperature, so I went to BIOS and disabled Intel Turbo Boost Technology to make sure that my CPU stays at 2.4 GHz and Everything is fine now, Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
Make MSi afterburner show you the CPU clocks while gaming if it goes up and down between 2.4 and 2.9-3 ghz then it's just hitting the thermal limit and clocks down to keep from burning up.

You can try to lock the clocks to 2.4 so that the game will stay stable, even though you will lose some FPS.
Make MSi afterburner show you the CPU clocks while gaming if it goes up and down between 2.4 and 2.9-3 ghz then it's just hitting the thermal limit and clocks down to keep from burning up.

You can try to lock the clocks to 2.4 so that the game will stay stable, even though you will lose some FPS.

Reactions: Alaa Ali
Solution

Alaa Ali

Commendable
Feb 29, 2020

But if I want to use the full power of my pc what should I do, should I apply thermal paste?

TRENDING THREADS