CPU and GPU temperature

Paulzxc

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017
I just got my ASUS ROG laptop last week. Whenever i game(overwatch,league of legends,etc) , my CPU and GPU temperature reaches above 75°C. Is it too hot for my laptop? How can i reduce the temperature? I set my fan speed at 100% evertime running at 5300 RPM. Thanks for the help and sorry for my bad english.

ASUS ROG GL553VD
i7-7700HQ CPU@2.80Hz
GTX 1050 DDR5 @ 4GB 128 bit
16 GB RAM

UPDATE : If i set my fan speed to auto, the temperatures are around 81°C, is it still managable? What temperature is consider high? Do i require a laptop cooling pad?

Solution
That's fine. Your CPU's max temp is 100c. ASUS designed your laptop to hold the temps at 75c, which is well below the temperature at which your CPU would throttle. Don't set your fan to stay at 100c, you'll wear it out more quickly. Let the laptop manage its own thermals.
That's fine. Your CPU's max temp is 100c. ASUS designed your laptop to hold the temps at 75c, which is well below the temperature at which your CPU would throttle. Don't set your fan to stay at 100c, you'll wear it out more quickly. Let the laptop manage its own thermals.

Solution

Wulffz

Honorable
Jan 6, 2017
You can expect temps to be high while gaming on a laptop. Even the high-end gaminglaptops. The temps are fine, as stated above: max temps are 100°C.
Sadly the temps can't really be reduced.

Lowering temps won't increase speed or stability anyway, so there's not much point. And, modern Intel CPUs have proven reliable well in excess of 75c, still long outliving their usefulness at these temperatures. All you'd succeed in doing is increasing noise and wearing your fans out more quickly.

Maybe, but more likely the laptop's own fans will spin more slowly if it's placed on a cooling pad, and the temps will remain about the same.

Paulzxc

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

What does getting "turbo boost of the gpu" mean? sorry im bad at this

Paulzxc

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

Is CPU temp of 85°C and gpu temp of 78°C safe for the laptop still?

Wulffz

Honorable
Jan 6, 2017
Yes those temps are safe. You should only get worried when it gets to 100°C, but then again your PC should shut down automaticly to prevent damage.
It won't happen though ;) Your laptop ain't gonna melt