CPU and GPU Temperatures

hyperbeast

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
My i7 4790 runs at 70 to 80 Celsius under load.

My GTX 1060 runs at 60 to 70 under load.

Are these good temperatures or are they too high? Please let me know.

Solution
They are ok, the CPU is a little hotter than is ideal but it can handle it. The GPU is fine.

If you want to improve the CPU it temps it might be worth removing the heathsink and cleaning off the heatsink and cpu and applying some new paste. Check youtube for a guide, there are many.

If the CPU gets too hot it will slow itself down to prevent damage and performance will drop. Personally I prefer to keep my CPU under 80c at full load for peace of mind.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
They are ok, the CPU is a little hotter than is ideal but it can handle it. The GPU is fine.

If you want to improve the CPU it temps it might be worth removing the heathsink and cleaning off the heatsink and cpu and applying some new paste. Check youtube for a guide, there are many.

If the CPU gets too hot it will slow itself down to prevent damage and performance will drop. Personally I prefer to keep my CPU under 80c at full load for peace of mind.

Solution

Valnac

Reputable
Jun 28, 2014
If everything is stock then that's a little warm. Not dangerously so, but there is an issue with cooling or it's just anemic to begin with. Do a good cleaning and if the chip has been mounted for more than a couple years you might want to reapply the thermal compound as mentioned. Stock thermal compound has been known to degrade over time faster.