CPU and GPU usage going extremely high suddenly !

szupek12

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
Recently when Playing Battlefront 2 I have been encountering some major stutter problems and didn't know why. When I went into the task manager I have noticed that my CPU goes up to a 100% usage and so does my GPU, these switch between each other depending if I'm playing the game or loading it. I assumed that it is just Battlefront 2 as I did some research and other players were experiencing the same issues. Then I noticed that it is in anything that I do such as watching a YouTube Video as it would take the CPU usage between 10% and 20% from the usual 5%.

My Rig is -
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Intel Core i7-6700k 4.00GHz
32GB of RAM

I have run Anti-Virus scans which have detected 5 PUPs if I remember correctly and deleting them didn't do anything.
Cleaned my PC of dust as I thought it might be caused by the GPU or CPU overheating which didn't give me any results.
And finally I have formatted my PC and got rid of everything as I been meaning to do that anyways which didn't bring any results.
This makes me believe that it is a hardware fault but I've got no idea what and how to deal with it.

manddy123

Admirable
About the BF 2, if many people are having this kind of trouble, perhaps it's the game's fault and the community may have made a mod to fix it... Does this stuttering happens in any other game?

Youtube...Which browser do you use? Chrome is kinda CPU n RAM hungry, it's to be expected that the CPU usage increases the more you open up tabs or work with the browser.
If it's chrome, check this solution up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztcB6w65XEw

If it's not, try another browser, like the new Firefox or any other lightweight one.

What's the model of the RAM, MOBO, PSU, CPU Cooler?