Question Cpu and gpu usage suddenly climbs to 100% and only 5 fps in games ?

Jun 5, 2020
Hello. Yesterday i was playing warzone, and suddenly my pc began getting slower and slower. i went from 80 fps to 5 fps, and in csgo i went from 400 fps to around 30. I havent downloaded anything or changed any setting, and i have no idea what may be causing these issues.

Graphics: MSI Nvidia Geforce gtx 1060
Motherboard: MSI b450 gaming plus
Ram: Corsair vegeance lpx ddr4, 24 gb
Cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz

Sorry if my post is in the wrong thread forum.

Jun 5, 2020
check cpu/gpu temp?
brand and model of the psu?
malware scan the system?

When i play Warzone my cpu sits around 70 degres celcius and my gpu is around 45 degres.

My psu is a Inter-Tech Energon EPS-650W

I have scanned my pc for malware with 3 diffrent programs, and non of them said there was something.

I'd first install both HWMonitor and CPU-Z, and, run them both.

On CPU-Z, select 'bench', then 'stress CPU' for 30 minutes....(hit 'stop' afterward to end the stress test.)

Note in HWmonitor what clock speeds and temps are achieved/sustained during that time...; you'd like to see at least 3.6-3.8 GHz on all cores...

With no games or browser windows open, any evidence of unusually low clock speeds, CPU usage, or processes in task manager?

Jun 5, 2020
I'd first install both HWMonitor and CPU-Z, and, run them both.

On CPU-Z, select 'bench', then 'stress CPU' for 30 minutes....(hit 'stop' afterward to end the stress test.)

Note in HWmonitor what clock speeds and temps are achieved/sustained during that time...; you'd like to see at least 3.6-3.8 GHz on all cores...

With no games or browser windows open, any evidence of unusually low clock speeds, CPU usage, or processes in task manager?

In the 30 minutes where I stressed the cpu, the cores clocks where around 3.6-3.8 GHz
The temperature stayed between 87 and 93 degrees under the test.

After stopping the stress, the cores clocked constant 3.8 GHz, and the temperature was 54 degress

While not running any browser windows or games, there were no evidence of unusually low clock speeds, CPU usage, or processes in the task manager, and the cpu and gpu was at 2% usage.

I hope I did it right :)