Stef Pro

Commendable
Dec 15, 2019
Hey, I have recently built a gaming pc with:
Amd ryzen 7 2700x
Msi rx580 armor oc 8gb
Ballistix sport 2*8gb 3200mhz
Asus b450m-a/csm

I have opened the bios and my ram was running at 2400mhz so I fixed it by choosing profile #1. Yesterday, I downloaded windows and I opened settings. It showed that my processor was running at 4.0ghz than 3.7 which is the stock speed. Is there any problem? Will it have problems with the stability or something else. If so, how can I make my ram run at 2933mhz that is the top ram speed that non overclocked ryzen processors support?

Starcruiser

Honorable
Don't worry that Windows says it's at 4.0 GHz, it's likely looking at the "boost" clock speed. When there's only a few things running on just a couple threads it can park the extra cores and give a boost in speed to the ones in use. The 2700x can boost up to 4.3 GHz by default.
While the specs from AMD say the second gen Ryzen supports up to 2933, many people have had no problems running RAM up to 3200 MHz and that is typically the unofficial recommended speed. Just make sure your BIOS is up to date and you should have no issues.

Stef Pro

Commendable
Dec 15, 2019
Don't worry that Windows says it's at 4.0 GHz, it's likely looking at the "boost" clock speed. When there's only a few things running on just a couple threads it can park the extra cores and give a boost in speed to the ones in use.
While the specs from AMD say the second gen Ryzen supports up to 2933, many people have had no problems running RAM up to 3200 MHz and that is typically the unofficial recommended speed. Just make sure your BIOS is up to date and you should have no issues.
Ok, thanks!