Question CPU and Mobo combos

May 30, 2020
Im thinking of upgrading my i7-7700 to an AMD CPU. Is the ryzen 7 3700x overkill for someone who only plays video games and browses the internet and sometimes stream? or is the ryzen 5 3600 sufficient? also is the b450 tomahawk max the best mobo to get for my choice of CPU? I want to have a combo that can last me 4 to 5 years so future proofing would be appreciated.

Keep in mind i do not plan to do any overclocking whatsoever and I will literally just use stock out of the box. Thank you in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
Is the ryzen 7 3700x overkill for someone who only plays video games and browses the internet and sometimes stream?
That depends. To what degree do you game(what game titles and at what resolution) and what platform do you stream to(at what resolution)?

If you stream(which most people are now doing during this pandemic) then you should be looking at the Ryzen 7 at the very least. that being said, you either should go for a higher end'ish B450 chipset motherboard or an X570 board if you want to get the most out of the platform but I'd side with the B450 suggestion.

Pick a DDR4-3200MHz ram kit at the very least to get the best out of your platform, although DDR4-3600MHz would be better.

May 30, 2020
Im using the RX 5700 XT currently and i play and stream games like valorant, csgo, final fantasy xv, monster hunter world on twitch for my friends to watch. I play them on 1440p 144hz with good performance so far. Sometimes my triple A games crashes my whole pc and i have to force shut down and im wondering if that is due to my DDR4-2133 limitation of my motherboard. Does higher end b450 do anything for someone who isnt looking to overclock? Thank you for your input!