Question CPU AND MOTHERBOARD COMPATIBILITY

mkdgamer907

Reputable
Jun 29, 2018
Yes, just make sure you use a quality power supply. I would recommend an RX 570, over the GTX 1650, though. With the price difference, you should easily be able to step up to an R5 1600, at the very least. The GTX 1650 is simply a bad card, on a price/performance level.

I know the rx 570 is 20dollar cheaper and you get real price/performance but it is not avalible in my local shop i cheked amazon and newegg both shops dont ship to my country so i am stuck with this card.

mkdgamer907

Reputable
Jun 29, 2018
What cards are available, at your local shop? Country of origin would be helpful too.
1050's rx 560 but its not in stock 1050ti's but not in stock and the only 1050ti avalible is more expensive than the gtx 1650. rx 580 is avalible but more expensive than the gtx 1650. I am from Balkan, Macedonia, Skopje.

This is my local shop the others are <Mod Edit Language>
https://www.anhoch.com/

you can change the language or go with translate

btw the psu i want to get is this one
https://www.anhoch.com/product/42725/psu-500w-gembird-80plus-black-box-power

Last edited by a moderator:
As a pure CPU, the Ry1200 may be a better pick than the 2200G. It's slightly cheaper and has lower clocks, but you can OC it to the 2200G speeds and should be better.

Also, this Sapphire Nitro+ 580 is not a bad deal; only 2K extra from the nVidia 1660 and I believe the jump in price is worth it.

As for PSUs, I could not find anything in the site that would be better around that price.

Cheers!

logainofhades

Titan
That PSU is junk. That shop really is horrible, with regards to quality PSU's. The coolermaster masterwatt lite are probably the safest PSU's there, and they are not exactly stellar, either. Sadly they are also not in stock. Even though they are not great, Deepcool is at least a recognizable brand, so probably would go with one of those, based on those choices. I would say the 1650 is going to have to do, so you are not taxing the PSU much. The Ryzen 1200 is cheaper, as mentioned above, but the 2200g is slightly faster, at the same clock speed, as it's cache latency is much more improved, vs it's non APU counterpart.

mkdgamer907

Reputable
Jun 29, 2018
As a pure CPU, the Ry1200 may be a better pick than the 2200G. It's slightly cheaper and has lower clocks, but you can OC it to the 2200G speeds and should be better.

Also, this Sapphire Nitro+ 580 is not a bad deal; only 2K extra from the nVidia 1660 and I believe the jump in price is worth it.

As for PSUs, I could not find anything in the site that would be better around that price.

Cheers!

OK Thank you dude. I will get the ryzen 1200 btw is it compatible with the msi b450m pro-m2?
if it is i will get the ryzen 1200

mkdgamer907

Reputable
Jun 29, 2018
That PSU is junk. That shop really is horrible, with regards to quality PSU's. The coolermaster masterwatt lite are probably the safest PSU's there, and they are not exactly stellar, either. Sadly they are also not in stock. Even though they are not great, Deepcool is at least a recognizable brand, so probably would go with one of those, based on those choices. I would say the 1650 is going to have to do, so you are not taxing the PSU much. The Ryzen 1200 is cheaper, as mentioned above, but the 2200g is slightly faster, at the same clock speed, as it's cache latency is much more improved, vs it's non APU counterpart.
I know its trash. My country is trash aswell lol.
Btw What Deepcool PSU are you talking about the 450W 80plus or 500w 80Plus?

The Ryzen 3 1200+ B450 is a good combo. The extra cache is very helpful and the R3 1200 tends to overclock further.
My Ryzen 3 1200 @3700mhz with 3400mhz C16 ram gets about the same as the more expensive 2200g @ stock in cinebench R15. This is on stock AMD Wraith Stealth cooler and my chip only gets in the mid-70s in cinebench.

The GTX 1650 is pretty power efficient, which is good because that PSU is pretty bad.

Last edited:

mkdgamer907

Reputable
Jun 29, 2018
Given the PSU quality, I wouldn't risk overclocking, though, making the 2200g still a better buy. No CCX to CCX latency, and less power draw, due to no overclocking. I would only go with a 1200 if the savings can be put somewhere else.
That is a good point and the only thing that would make me pull the 1200 recommendation, but the jump in power due to the OC wouldn't be 100W extra on consumption, so it should be ok. Making the multiplier just 100Mhz higher than the 2200g would allow it to stretch its legs into the 95W territory as the CPU cores themselves seem to be really close in consumption, even if the SoC is higher in terms of power consumption (as per the Anandtech data).

Overall, both CPUs are not bad choices. My inclination for the 1200 is because it does not have the GPU baggage so it can OC better if you want. If you're not going to be able to get a decent PSU anytime soon, then that advantage becomes a tad less relevant. You could even argue you lose the GPU in that case.

Cheers!