Question CPU and Motherboard compatiblity

Mar 5, 2023
Might be an obvious question but will a PC not boot if the motherboard does not support the CPU even when they have the same socket? bought a new motherboard and psu cuz both died. I had my friend test the gpu, ram, storage and they still worked, they couldn't check the cpu because they dont know much about AMD and I do not have an older CPU to test the motherboard.
Here are my specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
ASUS Prime A320M-K
Corsair vengeance lpx 8gb x 2 3200hz ddr4
GTX 1050Ti Palit StormX
Corsair RM650 modular atx PSU
Wester Digital blue 500 gb SSD
Seagate barracuda 1tb
Tried multiple times to see if it would boot but nothing happened, thoughts?

Might be an obvious question but will a PC not boot if the motherboard does not support the CPU even when they have the same socket? bought a new motherboard and psu cuz both died. I had my friend test the gpu, ram, storage and they still worked, they couldn't check the cpu because they dont know much about AMD and I do not have an older CPU to test the motherboard.
Here are my specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
ASUS Prime A320M-K
Corsair vengeance lpx 8gb x 2 3200hz ddr4
GTX 1050Ti Palit StormX
Corsair RM650 modular atx PSU
Wester Digital blue 500 gb SSD
Seagate barracuda 1tb
Tried multiple times to see if it would boot but nothing happened, thoughts?
Socket may be same but there are 5 generations of Ryzen to consider and each requires compatible BIOS version. Which one comes from factory depends on date it was made,
Still, eveb if wrong BIOS, "something" should happen, llghits on, fans turn etc, all but picture on monitor.

Mar 5, 2023
I see, I forgot to mention that the PC turned on once when i installed the motherboard initially but the next day it showed no sign of life. that got me wondering what happened so I resat the ram sticks and cleared the CMOS but it didnt power on even when there was light on the motherboard.