CPU and RAM bottleneck in battlefield

Sep 15, 2018
My PC specs are a GTX 970, i5 4460, 8 gb ddr3 dual channel. I have seen people on youtube with the same exact config run battlefiled 1 in ultra at 60 fps while I can't get above 50 with all low settings. what could be the problem? I've seen in the task manager that my RAM and CPU usage hit the 100% while the card stays below 40%.

Solution
Bf1 definitely runs better with more ram, been there. That game is notorious for bringing quad cores to 100% it'll run but you max out and it causes micro stutter. The extra ram helps
There are a lot of fakers on YouTube. There is also a big difference between single and multiplayer, also between small and large maps. Multiplayer and/or large maps bring quad cpu’s to their knees. This is well documented.

My 4670k OC’d to 4.3Ghz cannot hold 60fps in BF1 so your much weaker 4460 doesn’t stand a chance. Also BF1 does benefit from 16gb Ge RAM, 8gb will put the cpu load up as the system will be constantly caching to and from the HDD/SSD.

Sep 15, 2018

So you are saying that my PC is slower than it should?
I wanna do a clean install of windows because I think it might solve the problem: the UI is also very slow and laggy even after the PC has been booted up and my disk usage is always 100%.

Sep 15, 2018

I have been using the razer cortex booster that closes my antivirus andsome other applications and managed to get some more frames but it's still bad, at this point I wanna fresh install windows again to solve the lag of the ui and then maybe it will improve the gaming side too.