[SOLVED] Cpu and ram installation ruined my life

Jul 25, 2019
Hello, I’ve installed a r5 3600 into my b350 tomahawk along with 8gb more ram. It wouldn’t boot and would do an infinite windows loop, so I deleted everything through the windows install from my media usb. Btw, have updated bios and drivers and all that, and I’m just really really tired and angry and several people configuration like mine has worked. Bad cpu? Weird not working ram speed? I have also tried sfc, Dirm or whatever, windows memory checker, all the bloody trouble shooting you could want. Please help, feel free to ask anything at all.

Solution
A good nights sleep and a new day will help. It appears to be time to make things as simple as possible. No GPU, use the iGPU on the chip. Only one stick of ram. Only one drive, the boot drive. No add in cards. Now try it and let us know what happens.
Jul 25, 2019
Latest BIOS is 7A34v1OM (Beta version). There can be issues with it, since it's beta.

Anyway - I'd suspect ram compatibility issue. New ram refuses to work together with old ram.
Ryzen is known to be very sensitive to ram.
My ram is 4 sticks of 18 16 16 38 team Vulcan ddr4 3000 MHz. It worked amazing with my r5 1400, don’t see why it won’t now.

Jul 25, 2019
Latest BIOS is 7A34v1OM (Beta version). There can be issues with it, since it's beta.

Anyway - I'd suspect ram compatibility issue. New ram refuses to work together with old ram.
Ryzen is known to be very sensitive to ram.
But look this is my first thread and tomorrow I’ll post everything either in this thread or a new one
Did you run your old cpu with all 4 ram modules?
no, I am getting thermal paste tomorrow. Tomorrow I will post everything, either on this thread or a new one in same board. First time posting so I don’t know how it works.

pkincy

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
A good nights sleep and a new day will help. It appears to be time to make things as simple as possible. No GPU, use the iGPU on the chip. Only one stick of ram. Only one drive, the boot drive. No add in cards. Now try it and let us know what happens.

Solution