[SOLVED] Cpu and ram not being detected

Apr 11, 2020
My motherboard isn’t detecting my CPU and RAM. The motherboard is new, and the CPU seems fine. My motherboard is a B350M Gaming Pro, and I am trying to use my Ryzen 7 2700. They thing is that the ryzen is burnt only on the top. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it not being detected. And when I take out the cpu the ram is detectable. I use ripjaws ram

Solution
First hurdle, update bios with a pc store's help or get a 400series board. Msi B450 Tomahawk Max also supports 3rd gen out of the box.

Do this first, then you'll get a chance to find out what state the cpu is in. There's no other means of testing besides installing it into a fully compatible motherboard.
Apr 11, 2020
No
Motherboard is likely from a pre-Ryzen 2000 batch and does not already have the needed microcode update in order to recognize your Ryzen 2700.
Can't update the bios on that board without using an older Ryzen 1000, Athlon, or A-series cpu.

Burnt?!
Was it shipped to you like that?

I think the thermal paste wasn’t applied entirely

Apr 11, 2020
Motherboard is likely from a pre-Ryzen 2000 batch and does not already have the needed microcode update in order to recognize your Ryzen 2700.
Can't update the bios on that board without using an older Ryzen 1000, Athlon, or A-series cpu.

Burnt?!
Was it shipped to you like that?
I also checked MSIs website to see the compatibility and it showed that the cpu was compatible

boju

Titan
Ambassador
First hurdle, update bios with a pc store's help or get a 400series board. Msi B450 Tomahawk Max also supports 3rd gen out of the box.

Do this first, then you'll get a chance to find out what state the cpu is in. There's no other means of testing besides installing it into a fully compatible motherboard.

Solution