[SOLVED] CPU and RAM performing below expectations? Don't know how to fix this... :(

Mar 3, 2022
Hi everyone,

Been having bad stuttering issues on my system whenever I game and I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out what's wrong. Updated NVIDIA drivers, AMD chipset drivers, adjusted graphics settings in NVIDIA control panel and in-game but still getting bad stuttering. Eventually did a UserBenchmark diagnosis and it gave me these results:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/50931788

Sub-optimal background CPU (12%) and performing below expectations (21st percentile)

RAM is performing way below expectations (12th percentile)

I don't how to properly remedy my CPU and RAM so they perform as they should, can anyone help?? Thank you!

Solution
Hi everyone,

Been having bad stuttering issues on my system whenever I game and I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out what's wrong. Updated NVIDIA drivers, AMD chipset drivers, adjusted graphics settings in NVIDIA control panel and in-game but still getting bad stuttering. Eventually did a UserBenchmark diagnosis and it gave me these results:

Sub-optimal background CPU (12%) and performing below expectations (21st percentile)

I don't how to properly remedy my CPU and RAM so they perform as they should, can anyone help?? Thank you!
When you run UBM it's best to reboot and wait a few mins then run UBM with...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please use CPU-Z and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing? I'm seeing 2019 as the BIOS date but no mention of your BIOS version. Use their support site to see if you have BIOS updates pending. As for your OS, what version of Windows 10 are you working with? Personally I wouldn't use Userbenchmark to tell me if my system's underperforming or overperforming.

Mar 3, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please use CPU-Z and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing? I'm seeing 2019 as the BIOS date but no mention of your BIOS version. Use their support site to see if you have BIOS updates pending. As for your OS, what version of Windows 10 are you working with? Personally I wouldn't use Userbenchmark to tell me if my system's underperforming or overperforming.

CPU-Z says that the version is 5407 - AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 and the days is 12/31/2019 weirdly enough. I know I had updated the BIOS a few months ago, but I'll try the latest BIOS update again and see if that helps.

I'm working with v20H2 of W10, OS build 10942.804 with Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 if that helps.

Hi everyone,

When you run UBM it's best to reboot and wait a few mins then run UBM with the browser closed.

You might want to enable xmp in the bios to bump the ram speed.

Yes your bios looks a little behind an update to it and the chipset might help.

Solution
Mar 3, 2022
CPU-Z says that the version is 5407 - AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 and the days is 12/31/2019 weirdly enough. I know I had updated the BIOS a few months ago, but I'll try the latest BIOS update again and see if that helps.

I'm working with v20H2 of W10, OS build 10942.804 with Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 if that helps.

Wow, so sorry that I never got back to this but it was an update problem and it's been solved!! Thank you!