CPU and Rendering Videos Help Please?

eFFyEU

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
So I have an Elgato Game Capture HD, I have problems in which the full screen will not show up good quality even though it is rendered in 720P or 1080P however if it is in small screen then the picture is crisp and perfect.

So it got me thinking, does the CPU directly effect the QUALITY in which your PC can record gameplay from the Xbox 360.

I have a old intel Pentium dual core processor so it is very bad.

If you know anything about this problem or sony vegas pro 11 then please help me! I've searched and searched for a soloution to this problem a long time.

if the answer is yes and the cpu will effect the quality it can record in then can you recommend a good CPU for RENDERING

Thanks in advance, John.

bob hays

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
CPU doesn't effect rendering quality, just the time it takes for it to finish rendering. The quality problem is likely either the game itself is being captured in low quality, or when you produce the video, the quality settings are low.

eFFyEU

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
When I produce the video the quality settings are on the best settings you can get, my elgato turns out like this unrendered ( so this is the clip that comes straight from the elgato.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RY8oQ1Lg2Q

Now see this one which has had rendering done to it according to the big call of duty youtubers, so the settings obviously work and give crisp quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv70UIaC3-g

Note the difference in small screen 1080p ( which is perfect) and then full screen 1080p which is very low quality, this is the problem im trying to solve and was wondering if CPU could be part of this.

bob hays

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
No, its more likely cause of the compression. Compare two file sized (unrendered and rendered) of the same clip for the same length (both 10 sec or whatever). What is the size difference between the two files? Also what type are the files, avi, wmv, mp4?

eFFyEU

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
They are both MP4 files, theres various others on my channel which ive tried with WMV etc etc. I Just cant figure out how to make the full screen quality on youtube look like it should.

eFFyEU

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
MP4, and because the real question is the quality on youtube 1080p or 720p in small screen is crisp and clear, if you watch it on full screen 1080p or 720p it does not maintain anywere near that quality, that's what I want, that quality in full screen

eFFyEU

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
and also is it possible that the CPU affects the quality that it can record in even though its set to best, not the rendering quality, but the actual recording from xbox 360 to pc before rendering, I cannot seem to find anybody else with this problem.

bob hays

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012

You cannot get better quality video by processing it with normal video editing software. For that you'd need to capture better original video which is hard because its on the xbox. It runs games at 720p and not on the highest quality either. What are you using to capture the video?

eFFyEU

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
I also had this issue with a hauppage HD PVR (used by many gaming youtubers) and had the same issue again however I believed the cap card was the problem but now it is obvious it lies somewhere else.