Cpu and system fan spin slow no lights power button does nothing

jrlewis_13

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
Hello, my system was running ok until one day I keep getting system restarts and blue screens on my windows 10 OS.

I decided to clean all fans in the system, then put everything back together and power button would do nothing. tried sitting motherboard power and 12 volt rail properly and still nothing, keep trying different thing and then cpu and system fan would spin and stop.

I removed and PSU and notice a liquid in it, used my multi-miter and checked for voltages, I used the purple wire and ground to try switch on the PS and got a spark, the realised I should use the brown and black PS came on and got good reading for all voltages then decided to connect the PC back and then fans cam on and puff and IC to the left of my CPU fried. I tried it again and thing time power button would make cpu and system fan spin normal but nothing else happened.

I bought new Mobo and PSU and tried but this time once I turn on the PSU the CPU and sys fans spin slow and the power button does nothing.

Can anyone tell me if my CPU burnt? I don't have one to try and don't want to buy one when I am not sure.

Solution
It doesn't sound good.

When you pulled your CPU from your old system to your new one, could you have bent a pin?

I think pulling the CPU and looking at the pins is worth a shot, but I wouldn't waste too much time. Unfortunately the event that fried the IC on your motherboard almost certainly fried your CPU.
It doesn't sound good.

When you pulled your CPU from your old system to your new one, could you have bent a pin?

I think pulling the CPU and looking at the pins is worth a shot, but I wouldn't waste too much time. Unfortunately the event that fried the IC on your motherboard almost certainly fried your CPU.

Solution