anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018
Mobo: asus p8h61m le
Proc i7-2600 non-k
Psu silverstone strider essentials 500w
Gpu 1060 6gb
X2 4gb ram

I haven't solved this for quite a while now. Is it possible that a cpu can be the culprit for stuttering? I have like 40 to 45C in idle and my i7 2600 is not overclocked, though i got it as a second hand. What are the possibilities that the cpu might be the culprit of it? Is my cpu not working properly or somethin? How do i know if the previous owner did some overclock, its a non k version so idk if its possible.

And also, im planning to upgrade my ram to x2 8gb, i found a very cheap one its a 1600mhz micron brand. Is that brand good? And is 1600 ok for 1333 mobo. The seller would give me a 1 month warranty. After I buy it. What test could I perform to confirm that its a good ram, and can i check its temp, whats a good ram temp?

The CPU is responsible for drawing the frame out, while the graphics card fills them in. So yes, a CPU can be a cause of stuttering. If you really want to check if the CPU is running as it should be then you'd need to stress test it. Should be quite a few guides around to help out.

With the RAM, I believe it would just downclock to the supported frequency. Use Memtest to check if the RAM is good.