CPU at 100 celsius

Karter Glassmyer

Reputable
Nov 27, 2014
Lately my pc has been running at 100 degrees celsius, should it be damaged by now? I have new thermal paste on the way right now to see if that helps the heatsink cool it because it has the preapplied thermal paste rubbed off from use. I also have a new GPU on the way because Ive been getting lined screen crashes due to bad overclocking causing it to overheat. But my question is, will my cpu be damaged by now? Will I have to replace it? Thanks.

Solution

The H60 has known issues after a year or 2, the pump fails sometimes.

After reseating the cooler with fresh thermal paste and your temps are still high. RMA the cooler.

-Lone-

Admirable
Well, my old cpu got up to like 124C before, only for a few seconds though, but it is still working after a few months. I'm not sure if you would have to replace them, but I would recommend liquid cooling it if you plan to overclock your parts.

Edit: If you already done so, then nevermind.

1. WHat CPU do you have?
2. Have you cleaned your computer of any dust and made sure all fans are turning?

Most modern CPUs will shut down before damage occurs.

@-Lone-.

124C was probably a missread.
Liquid cooling is no better than large air coolers. Their just overpriced and use a little less space.

-Lone-

Admirable

Actually that was caused by a power surge, which blew up a bit over $1000 off of my computer, so yeah, that sucked.

-Lone-

Admirable

Yeah, well, at least it was still working, my GPU and HDD both died, and I paid like $510 for the GPU, worths like $70 now, my motherboard and RAM is partially damaged. But I got a whole new computer, so it's alright I guess.

Karter Glassmyer

Reputable
Nov 27, 2014
Sorry been watching a movie. I have an Intel i5 quad core processor that isnt overclocked. I got it last year brand new. All my fans run, and I have a 60 dollar I think H60 liquid heatsink for my cpu.

The H60 has known issues after a year or 2, the pump fails sometimes.

After reseating the cooler with fresh thermal paste and your temps are still high. RMA the cooler.

Solution