Question CPU At 100 degrees celsius

Jan 5, 2021
Hey, I've been having this problem for some months, when I would play a game and it would load its files my CPU would stress itself too much and my PC would restart, I have checked with MSI AfterBurner and HWMonitor that my CPU goes up to 100ºC when that happens, in idle it has its cores between 30ºC and 50ºC but when I try to play a game that has to load too many files that happens. I tried fixing it by reinstalling the cooler system and applying again the thermal paste, didn't work, I even bought a new cooler system and installed it 3 times before I gave up, temperatures are the same.
The fans of the cooler system go around 2200 RPM all the time.

Hardware is:

Motherboard: MSI Z370 Gaming M5
CPU: i7-8700K
Cooler System: H1200 Pro Kühler h2o

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS version are you on at the moment? You might want to see if you have any BIOS updates pending for your motherboard. If you have a number of updates, gradually work you way to the latest and keep an eye out for any chipset or MEI drivers that need updating in between BIOS updates.

Can you include the make and model of your new cooler?

Jan 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS version are you on at the moment? You might want to see if you have any BIOS updates pending for your motherboard. If you have a number of updates, gradually work you way to the latest and keep an eye out for any chipset or MEI drivers that need updating in between BIOS updates.

Can you include the make and model of your new cooler?
Hey after your message I updated the Bios drivers and the Intel drivers that MSI recommended for my OS, which is W10 Home. The model of the cooler I have right now is the one I wrote above, the H1200 Pro Kühler h2o , the maker is Antec. After this changes the temperature is the same.