Question CPU at 100% usage all of the sudden

Jebetron

Reputable
Oct 28, 2019
I posted a thread like this a week ago or something but anyways.

For the last 2 weeks or something my CPU (AMD A-10 7850K black edition) has been ramping up to 100% out of nowhere. It has never done this before.
It's not the temperature, they stay at 65c max. The CPU is turboing to 4-Ghz like usual.
It seems like it's operating totally normally. But when it comes to games, even a game that my PC should easily be able to run, like Minecraft. It just dies.
I have had this PC for a while and it has never had any problems with any game i throw at it. Easy medium-max settings and, no problem.
And now even something like Minecraft, takes 100% of my CPU and the game runs at 30-50FPS.

Full Sytstem Specs:

Case: Corsair R100 carbine silent edition

Gpu: AMD R9 290x
Temps when benchmarking/gaming: Never exceeds 75c

Cpu: AMD A-10 7850k black edition OC to 4.4ghz
Temps when benchmarking/gaming: Locked at 62c

Psu: Cooler Master 600W non modular

Ram: HyperX 1866mhz 2x8gb

Look for evidence that it is not ramping to the correct clock speeds under load...

(A quick run of HWMonitor and CPU-Z should tell the tale)

You can try removing/reloading chipset drivers and GPU driver packages...

(Many forms of malware will happily ramp your CPU up to 100% when mining cryptocurrency for others, and, promptly suspend themselves when opening task manager to hide)

Jebetron

Reputable
Oct 28, 2019
Look for evidence that it is not ramping to the correct clock speeds under load...

(A quick run of HWMonitor and CPU-Z should tell the tale)

You can try removing/reloading chipset drivers and GPU driver packages...

(Many forms of malware will happily ramp your CPU up to 100% when mining cryptocurrency for others, and, promptly suspend themselves when opening task manager to hide)
I think it is running Ar correct speeds. I Will have to Check it again after school.
No viruses i have ran malwarebytes atleast a 100 times. I Will also look into the driver thing

Jebetron

Reputable
Oct 28, 2019
OK just came back from school and tested all of these. Updated the drivers, It ramps to 3.5Ghz for some reason.
It has not seemed to do.. Well anything.
Temps are also fine 61c MAX

dirkrgriebel54

Prominent
Mar 21, 2018
Check for viruses. Bit miners are insane these days. Check with adwcleaner, Malwarebytes, and BitDefender to be save. You've had it for a long time and I think it's time to check. Do full scans with all and I bet you will find something bad.

If nothing is found report back and send me a pic of the task manager.