CPU at 100% with fortnite

Mar 5, 2018
Hey guys i just bought a brand new ryzen 7 1700, 16 gb of ddr4 ram, new mobo, and a new gpu(radeon 580)

I had dont this because my stream was choppinh very bad while streaming with obs.I can run fortnite super well, well over 100 fps, no problem.

But my stream is choppy and unbearable at points.

In my task manager it says fortnite using almost all my cpu, while nothing else is super high, including obs, which will top out at like 10% usage, as far as ive seen, generally running below 5%

Im stumped. I need some help, thank you!

Solution
Did you reinstall your OS? Mixed bag either way.

If you didn't reinstall, you could have driver conflicts/errors.

If you did (which is preferred), there is a bug post clean installs, resulting in 100% CPU usage. Related to something to do with the Edge browser, but doesn't indicate as such in task manager.
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/state-repository-service-high-cpu-usage-windows-10-fall-creators-update/

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Did you reinstall your OS? Mixed bag either way.

If you didn't reinstall, you could have driver conflicts/errors.

If you did (which is preferred), there is a bug post clean installs, resulting in 100% CPU usage. Related to something to do with the Edge browser, but doesn't indicate as such in task manager.
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/state-repository-service-high-cpu-usage-windows-10-fall-creators-update/

Solution

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Aside from Driver update/errors, there is a little trick you can do.

Most PCs are set to High performance, This stresses the CPU, try to change that setting to "Balanced."
Balanced lets you play and shred graphics only when you are playing games and it conserves energy. High Performance will be stressing your CPU because...well...High performance.

Also if you have made any overclocks to the Processor try to revert it back to default clock speeds.

If none of those work I guess reseating may fix the issue, that or an actual bad CPU (Which is extremely rare).

P.S. Try giving OBS priority over fortnite in Task manager for processing.

TRENDING THREADS