[SOLVED] Cpu at 100c, don’t know what’s wrong!

Oct 8, 2020
Okay so, I bought a new mobo and cpu (Msi z390 mpg gaming pro/i5 9600kf). Put it all together with my Corsair h100i v2 cooler and it worked fine for a couple of hours. Then all of a sudden, my cooler pump stopped working. 0 rpm in bios and icue, the fans spin but they are not registered in bios, they are registered in icue though? Cpu hits 100c and crashes even in bios! I’ve tried all the things from forums, changed the smart fan stuff off in bios and gave my pump 12v continuously. I had played about with Msi’s dragon Centre and thought that was the issue but I’ve returned it all the stock, no overclock or fan profiles. I have no idea what to do, I dunno whether my cooler is fried or if my cpu was dodgy out of the box. It did run slightly hotter than I thought it would (hitting about 60c on idle sometimes after the oc). I finally thought I’d fixed it after returning everything to stock (30-45c idle) and then I played a game of league and my fans spun up to max and it crashed. Now I’m stuck with 100c on bios screen and it crashes!! I know that’s a mouthful of a situation but I thought I’d try and give as much info as I can😭

please help!!

mobo - MSI Z390 MPG Gaming pro
Cpu - i5 9600kf
Cooler - Corsair h100i v2

Solution
Was the pump/cooler from a previous build?

Any pump can certainly fail, and this failure is much more likely than your CPU becoming a nuclear inferno...

I'd get a Scythe Mugen 5 for $45 and call it a day...

yeah it was from an old build. I’ve figured it out! I think I messed with the settings too much. Basically I set the Fans and OC as one thing in the BIOS and then meddled with it on the software app and I think that broke it. I reseated the AIO with new paste and reset the OC and fan settings in bios and the app, cold booted it and now it’s sitting at 40-45c whilst playing a game
Oct 8, 2020
Was the pump/cooler from a previous build?

Any pump can certainly fail, and this failure is much more likely than your CPU becoming a nuclear inferno...

I'd get a Scythe Mugen 5 for $45 and call it a day...

yeah it was from an old build. I’ve figured it out! I think I messed with the settings too much. Basically I set the Fans and OC as one thing in the BIOS and then meddled with it on the software app and I think that broke it. I reseated the AIO with new paste and reset the OC and fan settings in bios and the app, cold booted it and now it’s sitting at 40-45c whilst playing a game

Last edited:
Solution