[SOLVED] CPU at 60c to 63c at idle and at 70c to 80c, RAM also gets too hot to touch and constant BSODs

Aug 4, 2021
Good day!
My cousin's pc for work is currently having constant BSODs and temperature issues.
For the past month we noticed that the pc had a really long boot/start up time that takes no less than 4 min. I tried to monitor the CPU temps using CoreTemp and it always sits at around 50-60 celsius at idle however even opening a single chrome tab it spikes at 70 and sometimes at 87c.
However today she got a BSOD during boot and when I tried to restart the computer hoping the issues would go away. I got different BSOD "System Thread Exception", "Missing/error kernel ntoskrnl.exe", , and "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".
I wish I could post some dump files here but we can't get past the BSOD. The only time I managed to get past it, I did a sfc /scannow and returned no issues though upon doing a windows memory diagnostic test, it did complete the test but returned BSOD before I could enter the desktop. I opened the CPU case to try and reseat some parts and almost everything inside it is abnormally hot: the MB, RAM stick and hdd (even the heatsink of the CPU to some degree).
The pc specs are:
Motherboard: MSI A68HM-E33 v2
Processor: AMD-A8-7680 Radeon R7
RAM : Crucial Ballistix DDR3 8gb 1866mhz
HDD: Toshiba PC P300 HDD 1tb
Fan: stock cooler
PSU: Rise power supply 750w (random no name PSU)

Would really appreciate any help despite the incomplete information since I'm not good at troubleshooting.

Solution
Sounds to me like pc might need a clean out inside of dust, that might reduce temps
CPU might need new thermal paste as well?

Here is another way to try to get to Safe Mode.

Boot to the Command Prompt of your boot disk (see methods to create below). Enter these BOLD commands and press ENTER after each.

(Note the colon after C with no space; then the spaces which are important - one after T before / & T before { & } before B & Y before L)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY

EXIT

You are back to the boot screen -> Shutdown the computer.

Boot back up and "immediately" start tapping F8 (That means power button - then F8).

Hopefully that should get you into Safe Mode...
Aug 3, 2021
The hard drive would explain the slow boot times, and the Bsod are probably temp related. Do you have a graphics card to use because maybe the igpu is running full power and it makes the cpu and ram run hot and then it bsod?

Aug 4, 2021
The hard drive would explain the slow boot times, and the Bsod are probably temp related. Do you have a graphics card to use because maybe the igpu is running full power and it makes the cpu and ram run hot and then it bsod?
Sadly we don't have any spare graphics card but the only cpu intensive program she ever uses is photoshop and chrome but I also have no idea whether photoshop uses this computer's igpu that much.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sounds to me like pc might need a clean out inside of dust, that might reduce temps

Boot to the Command Prompt of your boot disk (see methods to create below). Enter these BOLD commands and press ENTER after each.

(Note the colon after C with no space; then the spaces which are important - one after T before / & T before { & } before B & Y before L)

C:

EXIT

Boot back up and "immediately" start tapping F8 (That means power button - then F8).

Hopefully that should get you into Safe Mode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To reverse that you can use the same steps and type these (again note spaces)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY STANDARD

Restart but F8 will not work now.

that doesn't help with dump files but it at least might get you into windows if the problem is just software

Do you have a win 10 installer?
if not, On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Solution
Aug 4, 2021

C:

EXIT

Hopefully that should get you into Safe Mode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To reverse that you can use the same steps and type these (again note spaces)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY STANDARD

Restart but F8 will not work now.

that doesn't help with dump files but it at least might get you into windows if the problem is just software

Do you have a win 10 installer?
if not, On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
Thanks! Will do all of this. I'll reply back here later to update the status of the problem

Aug 4, 2021
That’s fine, maybe there are too many start up programs and that is making startup slower than normal and using up the cpu
I always disable the programs on start up in the task manager as I had previously thought it was the culprit behind the long boot up times. I think the only program enabled on start up would be the Realtek Audio service? Other than that nothing else