[SOLVED] Cpu at 80c to 100c at idle

kalob21

Honorable
Mar 19, 2016
My computer started running very choppy all of a sudden and so I went through the motions to figure out the problem, and when I got to checking temperatures I noticed my cpu is idle at 80c - 100c on each core. I have no idea how long it has been doing this as I just replaced the cpu, cooler, motherboard, and gpu around July, but I do know that the computer performance getting worse is a recent development. I am wondering what could potentially cause this, is it my cpu cooler, or maybe the headers on the motherboard? Or could it be that I need to reseat the cooler on the cpu? Judging by the heat the pump housing is picking up i don't know if that is necessarily the case but any ideas are welcome at this point as I don't want to continue running my pc until the problem is solved.

Solution
I have decided im going to get a new cooler tomorrow and hope that fixes it, im definitely missing something just don't know what it is, but thanks for the reply at any rate!

kalob21

Honorable
Mar 19, 2016
System Specs?
Cpu: i7 9700k
Gpu: gigabyte rtx 2080 super
Ram: corsair dominator platinum 3200mhz
Psu: evga 750w 80+gold g2
3 storage:
Western digital caviar blue 1t
Kingston 128gig ssd
Samsung 970 evo m.2 1t
Mobo: gigabyte b360 hd3 (yes b not z i know)
The cooler is a cooler master but I don't have a way to find out what one It is at the moment, but it is a Aio

kalob21

Honorable
Mar 19, 2016
I have decided im going to get a new cooler tomorrow and hope that fixes it, im definitely missing something just don't know what it is, but thanks for the reply at any rate!

Solution