[SOLVED] CPU at 92 celsius

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
Hi,

My newly built Ryzen 5 2600 CPU is at 92 degree celsius when playing a super light game such as Left 4 Dead 2.

The CPU cooler is a Thermaltake UX100, and I have one more fan in the case pumping air into the case through the front.

How is this possible? I applied the paste correctly. GPU temps are fine. I did overclock CPU to the "recommended" maximum of 3.9 from the 3.4 base clock, but the cooler I have should be enough to allow for that. I don't think I did anything wrong with the build. No fans at the back exhausting, but I don't think that's the issue.

What gives? Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much.

Edit: I've just noticed that it is also randomly jumping 4 or more units in temps from 69 to 74 for example in the span of a second sometimes, without me doing anything, and just being on the desktop with a few tabs in Firefox open.

Last edited:
Solution
You need to dump that overclock and run your CPU at stock. That cooler is a low profile one not suited to overclocking at all. In fact other than having fancy RGB lights it is no better than the stock cooler at all. You get what you pay for, it was $20.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
You need to dump that overclock and run your CPU at stock. That cooler is a low profile one not suited to overclocking at all. In fact other than having fancy RGB lights it is no better than the stock cooler at all. You get what you pay for, it was $20.

Solution

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
Oh. Ok. Thanks.

What about clockspeed? Can I increase the current 100.00MHz to something slightly bit higher or leave untouched?

And what about the memory, I have the RAM on profile 1 which everybody says gives it a boost, so it was at 3200 but i went a bit further more and put it at 34. Should I revert to 32?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited: