[SOLVED] CPU at constant 60/70 °C

Dec 31, 2020
Hi, I am using a pc I have finished building this morning, my cpu is at a constant 60/70°C and I’m not too sure why, I am using a ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler, here is my specs

ASUS RX 5600XT
B550 phantom 4 asrock motherboard
Ryzen 5 3600 stock cooler
Corsair vengeance 3200mhz ram
650w power supply kolink
250GB SSD

Any idea why it’s so high?

Solution
Ok, if you wish to put it back to factory settings I believe in Ryzen Master, you go to Advanced View then in the bottom left you should see a couple of options. If you click reset it should go back to normal. See temps after. Also maybe restart

However, maybe look it up first
Jan 3, 2021
It could be that your case does not have good airflow/Bad or no fans which can make temperatures for everything higher. I would either get more fans, better case, or a better cpu cooler. Also make sure it is not overclocked very much.

Dec 31, 2020
It could be that your case does not have good airflow/Bad or no fans which can make temperatures for everything higher. I would either get more fans, better case, or a better cpu cooler. Also make sure it is not overclocked very much.
I have downloaded a app called ryzen master, what is the best clock speed to set it to in the manual section for my cores, can be max 4200 and the best peak core voltage

Dec 26, 2020
Ok, if you wish to put it back to factory settings I believe in Ryzen Master, you go to Advanced View then in the bottom left you should see a couple of options. If you click reset it should go back to normal. See temps after. Also maybe restart

Solution
Dec 31, 2020

Do you have a recommended core speed and peak core voltage to lower my temps as i dont know what it means?

Dec 26, 2020
Do you have a recommended core speed and peak core voltage to lower my temps as i dont know what it means?
Look it up or search through over posts as I'm not really a person who knows much about that stuff. All I really know is that when you overclock you should get a better CPU cooler. May be changed for certain Ryzen chips

Put vcore to 1.2 and let it reach whatever clocks it can, it's the voltage that causes high temps.
If 1.2 is cool but clocks are way too low, than raise it by point 5 volts per step (1.25 ,1.30 etc) 1.4 is already considered high and you should not go above that without enough knowledge in overclocking and good enough cooling.

Jan 3, 2021
Like Terry said, good cooling is really good if overclocking, because Stock coolers are meant to work at its normal temp. The higher the temp, the more it pushes the cooler, which could break it, make it really loud, and not even help too much. If you can, I would try a double aio water cooler if overclocking or a trusted air cooler.

eekpeek

Commendable
May 20, 2020
Hi, I am using a pc I have finished building this morning, my cpu is at a constant 60/70°C and I’m not too sure why, I am using a ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler, here is my specs

ASUS RX 5600XT
B550 phantom 4 asrock motherboard
Ryzen 5 3600 stock cooler
Corsair vengeance 3200mhz ram
650w power supply kolink
250GB SSD

Any idea why it’s so high?
Go into your Windows search bar and type edit power plan then change advanced power settings then minimum processor state and if its at 100% set it to 5%. Minimum processor state being at 100% forces it to run at its maximum potential 24/7 no matter what so setting to 5% will give it breathing room. Make sure to restart your PC afterwards.