CPU benchmark lower than expected

francescoaeritos

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018
My cpu's benchmarks are lower than the others of the same model. I tried different benchmarks such NovaBench,Passmark or others. This is my PC:
Pentium G2030
Asus H61M-K
Zotac GTX 1050 Ti OC
8 GB ddr3 1333 MHz
SSD Sandisk 256 GB
HDD Barracuda 500gb
Windows 10
P.S. I reinstalled the o.s. 3 times in the past months, and it always became worse.I installed all drivers and checked background programs, only Windows Antivirus is costantly taking 10-30% of the cpu.My temps are perfectly fine,they're 40°C in normale usage and 50/55°C when at the max usage. The GPU is always 10/5 °C under the cpu.

Solution

The VRM temps might not appear and they could be twice as high as the MB temps.
I used HWiNFO where you could enable PCH Thermal Device or Thermal Sensor. After that click on 'Sensors' button and you will see a new window with many different values for the motherboard components. Some of those values will show VRM temps.

Disable Windows Defender and run the benchmark.
When you are running the bench is the speed of the CPU 3.00 GHz?
You could check using CoreTemp

Check the temps of your motherboard MOSFET...if they overheat or reach the thermal limit your CPU will be deprive of the power it needs.
Keep the VRM cool by placing a fan over them.

francescoaeritos

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018

My temps are good,around 35° on the MB, not sure if it's the MOSFET, but hw monitor isn't showing anything above normal

The VRM temps might not appear and they could be twice as high as the MB temps.
I used HWiNFO where you could enable PCH Thermal Device or Thermal Sensor. After that click on 'Sensors' button and you will see a new window with many different values for the motherboard components. Some of those values will show VRM temps.

Solution