Question CPU benchmark results

In mid-January I overclocked my 9900K to 5.0GHz and undervolted until it was ideal. I tested it with UserBenchmark several times and got very consistent results every time:

2020022701.png

A couple days ago I decided to clean-install Windows (I didn't have to) and half-expected to get improved results. So I ran UserBenchmark again:

2020022702.png

The result is again consistent, but it is lower. I checked and my CPU is still holding the same frequency of 5000MHz consistently. What has caused the score to drop? Is it a setting I changed? Will it keep dropping? Any tips appreciated. I'm always afraid that I'm wearing out my equipment somehow and this benchmark isn't easing my mind.

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
How recently did you run the test after doing a fresh instal windows might not be settled yet and is installing or running thing in the back ground, if you can try setting the program to high priority and check to make sure windows is in high performance mode even in the advanced menu and try disabling the game bar

How recently did you run the test after doing a fresh instal windows might not be settled yet and is installing or running thing in the back ground, if you can try setting the program to high priority and check to make sure windows is in high performance mode even in the advanced menu
I installed a couple days ago, and it is in high performance mode. CPU is 0% on idle. I didn't mess with priority before so I shouldn't have to now . . . also, I tried with and without Game Mode and the results were the same. The first (better) result was with Game Mode on.

Last edited:

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
I installed a couple days ago, and it is in high performance mode. CPU is 0% on idle. I didn't mess with priority before so I shouldn't have to now . . . also, I tried with and without Game Mode and the results were the same. The first (better) result was with Game Mode on.
Not game mode game bar. Windows is a curious creature it’s never the same between installs I’m sure an engineer could explain it but honestly the scores are so similar you won’t feel a difference in the real world performance

Not game mode game bar. Windows is a curious creature it’s never the same between installs I’m sure an engineer could explain it but honestly the scores are so similar you won’t feel a difference in the real world performance
Yes Game Bar is turned off as well. I know the scores are very similar but the fact it is consistently LOWER now makes me think I'm at fault. It bothers me . . . I can't help it.