Feb 23, 2020
I bent my cpu pins after dropping it on table than straighenend them with a razor blade and began to boot my pc and everything works fine mouse turns on the lights in cpu cooler are lit begins to spin and shuts off but cpu fan light remains on and mouses’s rgb as well as keyboard don’t light up or appear to turn on I’m not sure what the issue is but after straightening the pins it popped in smoothly though I am worried it could have possibly gotten some thermal paste on side of cpu which I cleaned immediately but wanted to mention any help is very much appreciated
Specs
Ryzen 3800x ASUS X470-pro 2070 super corasair veangance rgb 16gb Corsair 850 RM

Solution
Is this a new build or a previously working one? If it's a new build, it's very likely you don't have the BIOS; 400 series motherboards don't work out of the box unless they've had their BIOS updated to run Ryzen 3000 CPUs and most have not.

DSzymborski

Titan
Is this a new build or a previously working one? If it's a new build, it's very likely you don't have the BIOS; 400 series motherboards don't work out of the box unless they've had their BIOS updated to run Ryzen 3000 CPUs and most have not.

Solution