Question CPU boost issues on motherboard

dan1991Ro

Reputable
Oct 1, 2019
I have a 3400g with a MSI B450 gaming plus max board and the cpu will NOT boost beyond 4.00 ghz, on any core. Its supposed to do 4.2 . I also have a rx 570, and i have my main gaming monitor plugged in to the discrete and the other 2 in the motherboard (igpu) and they all work. Could this interefere with how the cpu works?

I did manage to set the frequency to 4.15 using MSI game mode that basically adds 450mhz to the base frequency, and it stays that way, so it idles at about 60 degrees.

I set the power plan in windows to high performance, i enabled PBO and disabled Amd cool and quiet. Should I set PBO to "Enhanced 3"? Or what?

This is dissapointing to be honest. I realized that probably for 2 years since i got this pc, my performance was somewhat hindered due to this.

dan1991Ro

Reputable
Oct 1, 2019
I have a 3400g with a MSI B450 gaming plus max board and the cpu will NOT boost beyond 4.00 ghz, on any core. Its supposed to do 4.2 . I also have a rx 570, and i have my main gaming monitor plugged in to the discrete and the other 2 in the motherboard (igpu) and they all work. Could this interefere with how the cpu works?

I did manage to set the frequency to 4.15 using MSI game mode that basically adds 450mhz to the base frequency, and it stays that way, so it idles at about 60 degrees.

I set the power plan in windows to high performance, i enabled PBO and disabled Amd cool and quiet. Should I set PBO to "Enhanced 3"? Or what?

This is dissapointing to be honest. I realized that probably for 2 years since i got this pc, my performance was somewhat hindered due to this.
7B86vH6