Cpu boot performance mode?

Offical

Commendable
Apr 20, 2017
Hello everyone, i just realise i just have a option in bios under advanced, cpu, called: Boot performance mode. Can anyone explain what it is? Now its set to non performance, then there is boost performance, and battery saver.

i got a i5-6400 2.40 ghz.

Will i get some extra performance if i set it to Boost performance?, or is it dangerous?

Solution
Oh nevermind, thanks for the answer guys. I just set my power settings to high performance, and now it stays at 3.19 ghz speed. Cpu, and all 4 cores temperature is on 35. Thanks

JackM3

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
Boost Performance runs you CPU at boost all the time. It might heat your processor a bit but shouldnt go to much. Its up to you if you want to use it but thats what it is.

Offical

Commendable
Apr 20, 2017

Will it increase performance in games like cs go, league of legends, or even Rust?

JackM3

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
Yes it puts your processor on boost so it speeds it up a bit. The i5-6400 has a core clock speed of 2.7GHz not 2.4. Anyways the i5-6400 has a core clock of 2.7GHz and a boost of 3.3GHz. Quite a increase. I do recommend a aftermarket cooler but I dont think it is that extreme.

If it is actually BOOT performance mode, that is simply what speed your CPU will run at for the few seconds before Windows takes over the boot process. It's also the speed your CPU will run at when you are in the BIOS.

Non-performance = stock speed.
Boost performance = whatever the boost speed is.
Battery saver = less than stock speed.

Once Windows takes over, your CPU will act according to the speeds you set in overclocking section of the BIOS.

I always set mine to Boost Performance. I like my CPU to always run at the top overclocked speed.

Offical

Commendable
Apr 20, 2017

Woops, yea i wrote wrong its 2.7. I just set it to boot performance, but under my task manager cpu, it says it only runs on under 2.7 speed? http://prntscr.com/gaui26 it sometimes jump up to 2.2, but its doesnt stay on 3.3?

Offical

Commendable
Apr 20, 2017

I just set it to boot performance, but under my task manager cpu, it says it only runs on under 2.7 speed? http://prntscr.com/gaui26 it sometimes jump up to 2.2, but its doesnt stay on 3.3?

Offical

Commendable
Apr 20, 2017
Oh nevermind, thanks for the answer guys. I just set my power settings to high performance, and now it stays at 3.19 ghz speed. Cpu, and all 4 cores temperature is on 35. Thanks

Solution

Latest posts