[SOLVED] Cpu bottle neck ? Or ? Plz help

Nov 29, 2020
Hi everyone ill start with specs then the problem

Ryzen 5 3600x
Rx 6600 xt
16 gb ram 3200
Msi gaming plus max mobo
500 gb Samsung ssd

I play alot of apex legends and my last gpu was a rx 580 8gb paired with the ryzen 5 3600x I would usually get around 90 to 140 fps up and down

So I got the rx 6600 xt and while I'm gaming the frames are all over the place they can go from 299 fps down to 100 fps I have also capped my frames to 165 now cuz that's my monitors refresh rate but through out my matches I notice whenever my cpu usage goes to 50 my frames drop hard my gpu on the other hand is never above 90 percent it also changes from around 60 usage to 90

I'm wondering is this a cpu bottle neck?

I've seen on YouTube people with better cpus paired with my gpu getting a steady 200 fps or higher

With my rx 580 my average fps in apex was 130

With my new 6600xt my average fps is 150.. that can't be normal

I've have done everything on the internet I've seen from optimizing the pc to high performance

To amd settings to draw more power etc..

I've also used ddu to wipe and reinstall new and older drivers several times

I've flashed my mobo to latest bios downloaded latest chip sets

I've set amd global graphics to e sport settings and my apex in game settings to lowest possible

There's no way my 6600 xt should only be averaging 150 fps in apex

Any help would be appreciated I know this post is kinda all over the place but I just don't know where to start

So to quickly clarify I'm asking if this is a cpu bottle neck problem because I'm lost

Hi everyone ill start with specs then the problem

Ryzen 5 3600x
Rx 6600 xt
16 gb ram 3200
Msi gaming plus max mobo
500 gb Samsung ssd

I play alot of apex legends and my last gpu was a rx 580 8gb paired with the ryzen 5 3600x I would usually get around 90 to 140 fps up and down

So I got the rx 6600 xt and while I'm gaming the frames are all over the place they can go from 299 fps down to 100 fps I have also capped my frames to 165 now cuz that's my monitors refresh rate but through out my matches I notice whenever my cpu usage goes to 50 my frames drop hard my gpu on the other hand is never above 90 percent it also changes from around 60 usage to 90

I'm wondering is this a cpu bottle neck?

I've seen on YouTube people with better cpus paired with my gpu getting a steady 200 fps or higher

With my rx 580 my average fps in apex was 130

With my new 6600xt my average fps is 150.. that can't be normal

I've have done everything on the internet I've seen from optimizing the pc to high performance

To amd settings to draw more power etc..

I've also used ddu to wipe and reinstall new and older drivers several times

I've flashed my mobo to latest bios downloaded latest chip sets

I've set amd global graphics to e sport settings and my apex in game settings to lowest possible

There's no way my 6600 xt should only be averaging 150 fps in apex

Any help would be appreciated I know this post is kinda all over the place but I just don't know where to start

So to quickly clarify I'm asking if this is a cpu bottle neck problem because I'm lost
Cheapest upgrade would be the RAM to 3600mhz.

TRENDING THREADS