RTX3080 Gigabyte Turbo 10Gb
MSI A pro Z490 Mobo
32GB DDR4 3200 RAM
i5 10600 non K.
1000W Silverstone modular PSU
2 x m.2 NVME drives, 1 Samsung SSD and a WD traditional hard drive
Fractal Meshify 2 mid tower case.
8 x chassis fans.

I am presently awaiting a Gigabyte RTX 4080 Eagle to arrive for purchase.

I didn't even contemplate that my cpu may bottleck the gpu, given the 10600 was a solid performer using 30 series gpus.
I was wondering how much of a bottleneck would ny cpu be paired with a 16gb RTX 4080, and whether it would ruin 4k gaming for me.

If by chance a cpu upgrade would be advantageous any recommendations of cpus in the 1200 socket would be appreciated.
My MSI A Pro mobo has the most recent BIOS update which it can accomodate gen' 11 cpus.

Solution
4k gaming is less likely to be affected by CPU performance, especially the higher the settings are, than gaming at a lower resolution on the same card would be.

Your CPU should be fine, BUT if you find you are CPU bound you can always look to upgrade the CPU at your leisure. Adding a higher performance part never makes things worse, only better. It might see it's FULL potential if it turns out the CPU is holding you back some, but it certainly will still be miles better than it was before and any slack the CPU isn't taking up can be corrected if and when you determine that and if you choose to.

In other words, you lose nothing but money by upgrading the graphics card and the CPU can be upgrade whenever you want, if you want.

Honestly...
4k gaming is less likely to be affected by CPU performance, especially the higher the settings are, than gaming at a lower resolution on the same card would be.

Your CPU should be fine, BUT if you find you are CPU bound you can always look to upgrade the CPU at your leisure. Adding a higher performance part never makes things worse, only better. It might see it's FULL potential if it turns out the CPU is holding you back some, but it certainly will still be miles better than it was before and any slack the CPU isn't taking up can be corrected if and when you determine that and if you choose to.

In other words, you lose nothing but money by upgrading the graphics card and the CPU can be upgrade whenever you want, if you want.

Honestly it will probably be fine though unless you do a lot of multitasking with a lot of heavy mods as well.

Solution