CPU bottlenecking GPU?

Mar 3, 2018
First off, here's the specs.
CPU: Intel i5 4670 3,4ghz
PSU: Corsair AX850
GPU: Msi 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio
Ram: 32gbs
Monitor: 60Hurtz 1080p

Before, I had a 980 Ti with a Corsair 750 psu, and was starting to see where it appeared as though I was starting to hit my limits.

So I decided to just upgrade my psu and gpu, but I have seen no changes at all in performance. Fallout 4, for example actually seems to play alittle worse, actually.

All drivers are up to date.
Is my CPU to blame?

Mar 3, 2018
I have noticed that regardless of programs are cancelled, or number of programs running, CPU useage is always 100%. I've read that's a Win10 thing, but it doesn't sound right, nor am I able to find a walk around for it.

That's definitely not normal. Start with going through your add/remove programs and see what you can uninstall, especially anything that shows up in the system tray but you don't actually use.

Then, go into msconfig and see if there's still anything there that can be disabled.

Download DDU and uninstall your GPU drivers in safe mode, reboot, then reinstall them.

Check nVidia and windows power settings and set up max performance.

Mar 3, 2018
I've tried looking at what's using up the CPU, but nothing adds up to 100%.
And I've already removed unwanted startup programs.

I've already done exactly that. Used DDU, uninstalled drivers in safe mode, reinstalled updated drivers, and I've made sure both Windows and nVidia are set to max power.

This has been quite a pain...

Mar 3, 2018
I'll give that a try when I get home from work this evening. I do have malwarebytes, and do run it from time to time, but it never fixed the useless 100% cpu useage Ive had since day one.

I'll need the anti-rootkit. Thanks for the suggestion.

TRENDING THREADS