[SOLVED] CPU Causing BSOD ( Blue Screen of Death ), my fix.

Nov 28, 2021
About 4 weeks ago i bought a used cpu and motherboard ( Ryzen AMD 5 2600X, ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming ) for a upgrade. Since then i've had BSOD ( Blue Screen/Blue Screen of Death ) erros restarts, game crashes, google crashes etc.Basiclly every time i turned it on, and let it work a bit, i would get errors and BSOD ( Blue Screen/Blue Screen of Death ). Here are all the BSOD Stop Codes i've got: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE, CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP.

Basiclly the issue for me was that the guy i bought the used cpu and motherboard from tried to overclock the cpu. Failing and getting BSOD i guess he got scared and sold it. All i needed to do i go to bios, and check the recommended cpu voltage usage. It was 1.25V, while my cpu was at 1.35V ( I am not sure that these numbers are correct but you can clearly see in bios what is the recommended Voltage ), i just changed it to the recommended value and everything fixed. No more errors,crashes, BSOD...

Also i run Windows 10 Pro.

I hope this helps yall.

If u have any questions i would be happy to answer them.

About 4 weeks ago i bought a used cpu and motherboard ( Ryzen AMD 5 2600X, ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming ) for a upgrade. Since then i've had BSOD ( Blue Screen/Blue Screen of Death ) erros restarts, game crashes, google crashes etc.Basiclly every time i turned it on, and let it work a bit, i would get errors and BSOD ( Blue Screen/Blue Screen of Death ). Here are all the BSOD Stop Codes i've got: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE, CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP.

Basiclly the issue for me was that the guy i bought the used cpu and motherboard from tried to overclock the cpu. Failing and getting BSOD i guess he got scared and sold it. All i needed to do i go to bios, and check the recommended cpu voltage usage. It was 1.25V, while my cpu was at 1.35V ( I am not sure that these numbers are correct but you can clearly see in bios what is the recommended Voltage ), i just changed it to the recommended value and everything fixed. No more errors,crashes, BSOD...

Also i run Windows 10 Pro.

I hope this helps yall.

If u have any questions i would be happy to answer them.
Ah the pitfalls of wannabe overclockers. Unless overclock is permanent, on modern systems setting voltages manually is counter productive. If set for maximum CPU usage, voltage is too high at idle and if set for (near) idle, it's too low for full load.
Instead, it's better to use negative or positive voltage offset and/or LLC to control voltages with power regulation.

Nov 28, 2021
I did get a good deal. It was a really good one. 200 bucks for cooler ( which was brand new ), motherboard and cpu. I think just the motherboard alone on amazon is 200 bucks so 10/10

DimkaTsv

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
Instead, it's better to use negative or positive voltage offset and/or LLC to control voltages with power regulation.
Wannabe overclocker there))... Not for OC itself, but for optimization most of the times.
Personally did with my 5600X (golden sample though, so pretty happy with results)

PBO Settings:
Curve optimisation - all negative 30/20/20/25/25/30 - perfect for no override already.
PBO Overdrive - +200 mHz
But override shifts curve up 100% and by pretty solid amount (around +0.025-0.03V for each +50 mHz approx.), so i either used +0-+50 or had dissatifaction at voltages that could've spiked up to 1.45 or even more (ofc not all time but on single core load)

So i used +50 for around 2 months and finally made my hands towards more optimisation in terms of single thread loads.

So my final set was (additionally)
VCore voltage - Normal (instead of auto)
VCore offset - -0.066V (-0.072 failed single thread loads randomly, but i had much more severe curve downvolt on 1-st and 2-nd cores, which also factors and -0.060 was decently less effective)

Checked by single core set up of Prime95 (small FFT) for stability, not for long, but for around 5 mins per core... if they were unstable, it would've been shown pretty darn fast as auto limit was 4750 mHz at this test
Now idle SVI2 TFN (Core voltage) is 1.151 - 1.181 at idle and up to 1.36 at single core load, hadn't saw more
Per core VID though is 0.84-1.24 depends on core and load (from idle to max single core load)

Well i kinda know what to do though. Memory OC is tough though couldn't get rid from some single mistakes, so i backed down from it...

DimkaTsv

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
Also if u know stuff about ram i would be appreciative if you would answer my latest thread
Nah, as i said, it am just an wannabe overclocker... i can send you some stuff to watch and read, but cannot be much help, because had no full success experience with it yet.
But my RAM sticks aren't very good for OC atm... will buy different ones in 3 weeks and i guess will try again