Cpu causing computer to crash under load?

Jul 22, 2018
Greetings!
So my problem is this, I have an older Shuttle XPC SA76G2 v2, I am attempting to keep the pc relevent as long as I can so i installed an AMD 1090T cpu, and thats where the problems started. My computer posts and boots, I can log in and do light duty tasks such as internet browsing and emails, even stream Hulu and Netflix. However, during heavy duty tasks, essentially gaming, downloads and copying data, my pc screen goes black, the computer restarts, and upon rebooting windows attempts to enter startup repair. There is no damage to windows, that can be found.

So my question is is there anything i can do to get the 1090t to function properly with my system.

Mainboard: Shuttle FA76 v2
Graphics card: Zotac 1050ti mini
RAM: 8gb Patriot (i believe)

If more information is needed ill gladly post it here.

Solution
More to TDP than a few more fans for getting rid of extra heat, as the small form factor's motherboard might not have sufficient power delivery circuitry designed for any components above their designed rating...; if any adjustments are allowed for clock speed/multipliers, you can try underclocking to reduce power draw to see if that makes a difference...
Very Simple
Shuttle FA76 v2
http://global.shuttle.com/news/productsSpec?productId=1465

PROCESSOR
AMD Phenom™II / Phenom™ / Athlon™ 64 X2 / Athlon™ 64 / Sempron™
3 GHz HyperTransport Technology/Support socket AM2+ and AM3 6 cores CPUs
(TDP 95W)

Notice the TDP 95W. Well the Phenom II X6 1090T has a TDP of 125 watts which means it gets TOO HOT to be used in that motherboard. Eventually, it likely won't just crash under load, it will cause the motherboard to fail completely.

The Thermal Design Power (TDP) is the average maximum power a processor can dissipate while running commercially available software. TDP is primarily used as a guideline for manufacturers of thermal solutions (heatsinks/fans, etc) which tells them how much heat their solution should dissipate.

Jul 22, 2018

I understand TDP and did account for this increase, im sorry, and i should have mentioned i added three fans to the system. CpuidHW shows the cpu temps at idle around 38-40C around 49-51C under load before a crash, GPU rarelly rises above above 45C under load, and idles at an astounding 28-30C. Even in bios cpu temps read about 54C while system temps are about 50C in bios. As far as i know these are safe temps. Sorry i should have mentioned that in the first post.

More to TDP than a few more fans for getting rid of extra heat, as the small form factor's motherboard might not have sufficient power delivery circuitry designed for any components above their designed rating...; if any adjustments are allowed for clock speed/multipliers, you can try underclocking to reduce power draw to see if that makes a difference...

Solution
Jul 22, 2018
I had not considered that. Unfortunately, my bios has no advanced cpu options, and attempting to underclock with amd overdrive netted no result, the clocks remained the same. Is it possible to increase power delivery, or am i SOL with this board? Or perhaps an alternative method to get the chip to operate properly? Would ramping up voltage in bios be advisable, or could that lead to damaging the mainboard?