Cpu causing stutter?

mk12

Prominent
Aug 27, 2017
Hi everyone.
I recently started playing Black Desert Online (well not so much playing as much as trying to slove the problem) Problem being the game stutters/microstutter feels choppy especially in towns. Now what I've notice when monitoring with MSI afterburner that whenever I'm in town I can't keep a stable Frametime (it always fluctuate 20+ ms) as it should be 16.6 @ 60 fps from here the stutter choppyness yet I don't know what causes this
Now I always had this problem yet in other games it's not this noticeable (do its really frustrating and I never got to fix it)

Specs are:
Cpu : i7 4790k
Mobo : Asus maximus vii hero
RAM/memory : Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb (2x8) DDR3 @ 1866
Gpu : MSI GTX 970 4G
Psu : EVGA nex650g
Monitor : Asus vg248qe

BIOS up to date
Tried different nvidia drivers uinstall with DDU also tried all sorts of nvidia settings
Changed Monitor cable uses DVI and DP
And a lot of other things

Posting this from phone if any details needed just ask... Any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
yeah you could do I do not know how old the monitor is but I had stuttering for two weeks when I bought my new display and a display cable fixed the problem.

mk12

Prominent
Aug 27, 2017
Thanks for the quick reply. Is it still possible that the monitor would be the cause? Should I try connecting to the TV? (I don't have another spare monitor)