Question CPU/Chassis Fan Stuck at 700rpm

Jul 1, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am experiencing issue with my PC;

ROG Strix prebuilt (moved to new case with new cpu cooler since this build is known that's running supper hot with stock cooler)
I7 11700KF
B560m-G
16GB
2060S

So what's happening is after i installed Windows 11 my fans (CPU Fan/Chassis) are stuck at 750rpm what is not enough since 11th gen runs really hot.
Bios has setup custom curve and while i am in BIOS fans run at speed that i did setup. Soon as i get into windows, few seconds later speed drops.
I had same problem in Windows 10 that occurred when i added extra stick of ram. After reinstalling windows, fan speed came back to speed that i did setup in bios.
I will most likely do again windows installation but before i do that would like to hear any opinions, solution for my problem.

I searched and googled everywhere, even found that someone had same problem on same MB after installing AIO but didn't see any solution. Tried even software for fan control that didn't work.

Thanks!

If that's prebuilt PC there is a very good chance it has some apps installed (AI Suite perhaps?) that take over fan control in Windows. In that case clean Windows install is probably the only way to get rid of them and regain fan control. Note that just uninstalling AI Suite might not be enough as there may still be some services left running.

Jul 1, 2021
When you reinstall Windows, do you use the installation media usb stick? As DRagor said if you are just reinstalling from a copied os it may have ai suite or other rog program still in it.

I actually just did reset PC what brought me back to new installation. And actually yesterday i updated Asus Armoury Crate and all updates it offers me i did so there might be some faulty in those updates.

Jul 1, 2021
If that's prebuilt PC there is a very good chance it has some apps installed (AI Suite perhaps?) that take over fan control in Windows. In that case clean Windows install is probably the only way to get rid of them and regain fan control. Note that just uninstalling AI Suite might not be enough as there may still be some services left running.
Tried that previously and didn't help. But overall MB shouldn't be faulty?

Jul 1, 2021
When you set the fan curves do you hit apply in the box? Have you tried switching from pwm to dc or vice versa?
Trust me i did all that. As i mentioned already while i am in a BIOS, fans work faster. Even when i set full speed it works.

Soon as i get to Windows it slows down an stays 732-733 or 762-765rpm.

I just hope it's not motherboard because it's literally new and i don't play around with voltage so shouldn't be fried or anything similar.

Jul 1, 2021
In bios under monitor have you checked to see if the fan controls are enabled?
Did it as well. Tried options ignore monitor, disable. Literally everything in bios tried.

I will most likely blame Armory Crate ASUS app because soon as windows start, Performance mode enable automatically because i get notification on screen and that's when fan slows.

Even changing that mode to windows/turbo what allows me to do it doesn't do anything besides controlling CPU/GPU but don't do to fans anything.

Did it as well. Tried options ignore monitor, disable. Literally everything in bios tried.

I will most likely blame Armory Crate ASUS app because soon as windows start, Performance mode enable automatically because i get notification on screen and that's when fan slows.

Even changing that mode to windows/turbo what allows me to do it doesn't do anything besides controlling CPU/GPU but don't do to fans anything.
"soon as windows start, Performance mode enable automatically because i get notification on screen and that's when fan slows." That was ;)important info. Glad you fixed it.(y)