[SOLVED] CPU CHECK FOR FREE

Jun 26, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I received cpu- i5 4590 from my friend. But he said his pc wasn`t working last week. So he dissambled parts and sold most of them. Now we have left with cpu but none of us dont know is it working or not. Also we do not have any suitable motherboard to test it. I wonder can I bring that cpu to CEX (second hand tech shop) to act like I wanna sell the cpu and saying not sure is it working. But actually not selling just letting them test cpu for free. I know I might be kind of bad person but we need actually need money for our school project funded by just two of us. Thanks for all responses

Solution
I guess you understand me wrong I dont try to scam cex. Just wondering do they check items that are they working for free. There is notting about scamming. Even the time they will spend might cost or not. Idk for the moment.

Also I do not believe they can scam me cuz I sell he item and transcations works through ebay.
"I wonder can I bring that cpu to CEX (second hand tech shop) to act like I wanna sell the cpu and saying not sure is it working. But actually not selling just letting them test cpu for free. I know I might be kind of bad person but we need actually need money for our school project funded by just two of us. "

Go in and ask them.

Don't pretend you're going to sell it to them. Just ask "Hey, can you test...
Jun 26, 2019
If you need the money, why not sell it to that shop?
Instead of wasting their valuable time.
They offer very small money for example I can sell it on ebay for 30£ where cex (shop) accepts 18 pound or something like that.

EDIT: Also we need last 50£ for our project and our pockets money will be barely enough with money of cpu if we can sell it for 30£.

USAFRet

Titan
They offer very small money for example I can sell it on ebay for 30£ where cex (shop) accepts 18 pound or something like that.

EDIT: Also we need last 50£ for our project and our pockets money will be barely enough with money of cpu if we can sell it for 30£.
And then you have the ebay fee off the top, and then shipping, and then maybe not selling it at all.

£18 now, or maybe £30 minus fees later.

In addition to scamming them for the time taken to test your part that you have no intention to sell to them.

Good luck.
Hopefully you won't get someone on ebay trying to scam you, like you're trying to scam cex.

Jun 26, 2019
And then you have the ebay fee off the top, and then shipping, and then maybe not selling it at all.

£18 now, or maybe £30 minus fees later.

In addition to scamming them for the time taken to test your part that you have no intention to sell to them.

Good luck.
Hopefully you won't get someone on ebay trying to scam you, like you're trying to scam cex.

I guess you understand me wrong I dont try to scam cex. Just wondering do they check items that are they working for free. There is notting about scamming. Even the time they will spend might cost or not. Idk for the moment.

Also I do not believe they can scam me cuz I sell he item and transcations works through ebay.

USAFRet

Titan

"I wonder can I bring that cpu to CEX (second hand tech shop) to act like I wanna sell the cpu and saying not sure is it working. But actually not selling just letting them test cpu for free. I know I might be kind of bad person but we need actually need money for our school project funded by just two of us. "

Go in and ask them.

Don't pretend you're going to sell it to them. Just ask "Hey, can you test this CPU?" (that may involve some small fee)

As far as an ebay scammer.
I buy it from you.
I claim it does not work.
I show you and ebay screenshots of it not working.
I send it back to you .
"Gimme a refund!!!"
(of course, I've sent you back a broken CPU and kept your working one)

Yes, that happens ALL THE TIME.

Solution