Question Cpu clock always at max frequency

Nov 10, 2020
Hi, I just built my new pc with intel i5 10400 and asus rog strix b460 h gaming but I can't figure how to solve my problem: the cpu frequency is stuck at 3.8/4 ghz even on idle, but temps remain low.
I think that is a bios related problem, because it has the same behaviour even on linux and I have already checked windows power plan and set it to balance.
On the other side, i enabled c states, p states, speed shift and EIST but the voltage to auto (only auto, manual and offset settings available, not adaptive) , but it always stays at 1v 4ghz into the OS and 0.82v 2.9 ghz on bios.

I really don't know how to figure it out

Hi, I just built my new pc with intel i5 10400 and asus rog strix b460 h gaming but I can't figure how to solve my problem: the cpu frequency is stuck at 3.8/4 ghz even on idle, but temps remain low.
I think that is a bios related problem, because it has the same behaviour even on linux and I have already checked windows power plan and set it to balance.
On the other side, i enabled c states, p states, speed shift and EIST but the voltage to auto (only auto, manual and offset settings available, not adaptive) , but it always stays at 1v 4ghz into the OS and 0.82v 2.9 ghz on bios.

I really don't know how to figure it out
Windows power plan, try to lower Minimum processor state to 5%.

Nov 10, 2020
I already checked windows power plan and it is already set to 5%. In addition, there is no difference between balance and performance modes, although one has min: 5% and the other one has min: 100%.
The issue is that the cpu works only at one frequency (3.8 and sometimes at 4 ghz) and never decreases to its base clock or any other clock value