[SOLVED] Cpu clock speed drop under load

Jul 31, 2020
Hey>my cpu clock speed drop during stress test my cpu is a8 5600k 4.20ghz max tem 69° while gaming this happend me after cleaning the pc i already apllied thermal paste is there any fix? thanks

Solution
Says its max operating temperature is 74c

69c is pretty warm for that processor, its probably throttling itself to try to keep it cooler

Some things you can check:
  • Did you apply the proper amount of thermal paste? (Once you take the cooler off you need to clean up the old paste and reapply new paste or you might trap small amounts of air which will increase heat)
  • Is your cooler working?
  • Is the cooler properly installed? A poorly or imporperly installed cooler can increase temperatures

Furzumz

Reputable

69c is pretty warm for that processor, its probably throttling itself to try to keep it cooler

• Did you apply the proper amount of thermal paste? (Once you take the cooler off you need to clean up the old paste and reapply new paste or you might trap small amounts of air which will increase heat)
  • Is the cooler properly installed? A poorly or imporperly installed cooler can increase temperatures

Reactions: Prince g
Solution
Jul 31, 2020

Yeah i clean the heatsnik the paste block some path of air after apply paste i will tell u thanks for reply i will inform u!