CPU Clock Speed fluctuating + utilization randomly spiking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mprose

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
I have had my computer for 1 year now, and was able to play games on it and had Chrome open with tabs and everything. But recently, my laptop's CPU speed automatically drops to 0.46 GHz when I launch games like CS:GO. My fps used to be 100 but now it's like 20. I have my BIOS on default and I have all my drivers updated. The fan also randomly gets really loud when I'm not even running anything. When the fan gets loud, my computer speed instantly drops to 0.46 GHz regardless of CPU utilization. Also, my computer doesn't feel hot to the touch and I have also cleared dust using compressed air but it didn't seem to help.

My specs are:
i5-5200U @2.20 GHz
RAM 8.00 GB
running on Windows 8.1

if there's any more information needed please do ask. thanks!

Mprose

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
furthermore, my temperature readings seem to all say it's around 80 degrees celsius yet i barely have applications in the background and my computer is cool to the touch

vogans

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
Hi, I am having the same problem, did you get an answer to the issue? Please drop me a line, I am really frustrated by this, I have the exact same model , exact same specs [Don't post your email address on the forum]

Thanks

Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.