[SOLVED] CPU CLOCK

Sep 27, 2021
So far i change my xmp profile my cpu clocks by itself to max speed.

i have RYZEN 7 5800X .
any thoughts about that ?

Solution
You might be confusing FCLK with CPU frequency. FCLK or F-clock is the frequency of infinity fabric in AMD Ryzen CPUs. Infinity fabric is the link between CPU cores die and I/O die. Usually CPU cores and I/O controller are on same physical chip but on most Ryzen CPUs they are on different. If you match your ram speed with FCLK you get the best performance from Ryzen CPUs. I think Its upto ddr4 3600mhz RAM, FCLK,UCLK with say 1:1:1. Anything faster then that then FCLK will be out of sync with RAM frequency and needs to adjusted manually. Here's an article for more information.

haseeb98ahm

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
You might be confusing FCLK with CPU frequency. FCLK or F-clock is the frequency of infinity fabric in AMD Ryzen CPUs. Infinity fabric is the link between CPU cores die and I/O die. Usually CPU cores and I/O controller are on same physical chip but on most Ryzen CPUs they are on different. If you match your ram speed with FCLK you get the best performance from Ryzen CPUs. I think Its upto ddr4 3600mhz RAM, FCLK,UCLK with say 1:1:1. Anything faster then that then FCLK will be out of sync with RAM frequency and needs to adjusted manually. Here's an article for more information.

Solution