[SOLVED] CPU Compare

May 18, 2021
Hello everyone

Good Day to you all

I am planning to build a new system with used parts as my budget is very limited, I WAS GOING TO BUILD A I7 4790 SADLY IT IS OUT OF STOCK

here are the specs below

CPU : Intel Core i7 3770
RAM : 16GB DDR3
MB : H61/ H67/ H77/ B75/ Z77 (CAN USE ANY OF THESE) IF possible please let me know what should i choose
PSU : 500W
GPU : RX 580 8GB / GTX 1650 4GB (gonna use one of these)
SSD : 128 GB
HDD : 500GB

I HAVE FEW Questions :

1. will this be better than i5 4590
  2. will this be enough for gaming (MAIN PURPOSE GAMING + GAME PLAY RECORD AND EDITING THOSE VIDEOS)

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUTS !

Solution
Hello everyone

Good Day to you all

I am planning to build a new system with used parts as my budget is very limited, I WAS GOING TO BUILD A I7 4790 SADLY IT IS OUT OF STOCK

here are the specs below

MB : H61/ H67/ H77/ B75/ Z77 (CAN USE ANY OF THESE) IF possible please let me know what should i choose

I HAVE FEW Questions :

2. will this be enough for gaming (MAIN PURPOSE GAMING + GAME PLAY RECORD AND EDITING THOSE VIDEOS)

A video of comparing those two processors. Seems like...
Hello everyone

Good Day to you all

here are the specs below

I HAVE FEW Questions :

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
Hello everyone

Good Day to you all

here are the specs below

I HAVE FEW Questions :

A video of comparing those two processors. Seems like they're about the same -- gains at the low 1% (what you should be looking at when comparing processors in games) go either way depending on the game.

Enough for gaming? Depends on how the games you play utilize CPUs. A lot of games still only use 4 threads, with more games using up to 8 threads. If you're gaming while recording I'd lean into 3770 since it's a 4-core processor with multithreading. A bit more headroom for multitasking that way.

That said, considering that the guy in the video does the same (recording while gaming), you can see there's no real gain with either.

If you are getting the 3770 system anyway, I'd tend towards B75 system or better. More features and the boards are about the same price these days.

Solution
May 18, 2021
@iPeekYou Thank you so much for you reply i got the point.

If you don't mind me asking will it be better if go for a i7 4790 will there be a huge difference between i7 4790 vs i7 3770 (the problem is i have to wait like a week or so till the stocks are back in stock)

appreciate your help

Last edited:

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
@iPeekYou Thank you so much for you reply i got the point.

If you don't mind me asking will it be better if go for a i7 4790 will there be a huge difference (the problem is i have to wait like a week or so till the stocks are back in stock)

appreciate your help

In gaming I'm not expecting much. The higher base clocks don't really mean much; the extra 4 threads over 4590 would be the extra feature that's more useful I think, since you're multitasking. Certainly helpful also when you're rendering or encode/decode stuff if you use CPU rendering.

It's an upgrade alright, assuming you can get the 4790 affordably enough. How good the price/performance is entirely up to you to decide. What I can say is that for the money spent, it's a better idea than going to Ivy Bridge platform+3770.

Gaming performance is primarily determined by graphics card performance.
In that respect a RX580 is slightly stronger than the GTX1650.
But, there is a problem.
RX580 requires much more power:
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm
Your 500w psu may not hack it and if it is a low quality unit, a failure under load can damage all of your other parts.

On the processor, single thread performance is most important for games.
But, when you add in the desire for multithreading and editing, then only go for a processor with 8 threads.
The i7-4790 is only marginally better than the i7-3770.
But, if you can find a i7-4790K and use the Z77 based motherboard you can overclock a bit to good effect.

And... beware of using a ssd of only 128gb.
Many things default to the C drive.
As it fills up you will lose performance and endurance. Plan on 250gb or better.

May 18, 2021
@iPeekYou @geofelt

Appreciate all your efforts i was able to find this at a very fair price which is in my budget

Specs as follows

INTEL I3 10100 PROSESSOR
ASUS H410 MOTHERBOARD
GSKILL 8GB RAM
CORSAIR VS550W POWER SUPPLY
POWER TRAIN GAMING CASING
1TB HARD DISK
2.8 YEARS

Any ideas about this

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
@iPeekYou @geofelt

Appreciate all your efforts i was able to find this at a very fair price which is in my budget

Specs as follows

INTEL I3 10100 PROSESSOR
ASUS H410 MOTHERBOARD
GSKILL 8GB RAM
1TB HARD DISK
2.8 YEARS

Any ideas about this

Much stronger base system than your other options. Just add a 1650S and maybe extra 8GB of RAM to have more headroom in gaming+recording.

PSU can do better; Corsair's VS lineup is the entry level. Most people would be suggested something from CX lineup instead. If it were my personal system, I'd use it but for other people I'll give them a buyer beware. That said, if you're going to use low wattage GPUs like a 1650S, it shouldn't pose much of a problem. RX 580? Eh, buyer beware.

@iPeekYou @geofelt

Specs as follows

INTEL I3 10100 PROSESSOR
ASUS H410 MOTHERBOARD
GSKILL 8GB RAM
1TB HARD DISK
2.8 YEARS

Any ideas about this
I have used a i3-10100 processor in a couple of builds.
I am much impressed, it is a very quick processor.
Add in a discrete graphics card and you can have a decent gamer.
I think I would use the GTX1650 because of the reduced power requirements.
Here is a review:

I think a reasonable purchase on a budget .
Corsair vs units are not well regarded, tier5/6 in this list:

Is this a used system and 2.8 years is the age?

If you get a psu failure, the serial number will allow Corsair to determine the manufacturing date. That can be a basis for determining if the unit is within a 3 year warranty period.
Nobody wants to make a part that fails.
I see no reason to not use the psu so long as the power demands are reasonable, and you have no strange symptoms that could be attributed to the psu.

If/when you replace a psu, but a quality unit with a 7 to 10 year warranty,
With a bit extra wattage, such can serve for several power hungry upgrades in the future.