[SOLVED] Cpu comparison

KylerZ

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
which cpu would be better as they are nearly in the same price in my country . I will buy rtx 3060 ti with it
Ryzen 7 3800x
Ryzen 5 5600x
I7-10700k (suitable motherboard for overclocking would be more expensive than the other motherboards)
What is ur recommendation

DomisAcuteperson

Commendable
Oct 22, 2020
which cpu would be better as they are nearly in the same price in my country . I will buy rtx 3060 ti with it
Ryzen 7 3800x
Ryzen 5 5600x
I7-10700k (suitable motherboard for overclocking would be more expensive than the other motherboards)
im more of a amd fan boy bot id say intel on this UNLESS you have a mobo that already supports AM4 then go with the ryzen 5 5600X because its 5th gen ryzen more single thread profo but ig you lose some cores but depends on what games you play really

Reactions: KylerZ

KylerZ

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
What will the pc be used for?
What resolution and Hz is the monitor?
144 hz
There is no particular use for this pc and that is what makes me confused . I study computer science and I think all of those CPUs would be good enough . For me I think 5600x is the best but i7 would be better for multi tasking so I am confused I hate intel i7 for some reasons
  • 14 nm semiconductor
  • large power consumption which would require an expensive cooler
  • more expensive motherboard in case of I wanted to overclock it or I should go for 10700F or 10700 and definitely 3800x would be better
  • 2900 mhz memory speed
  • it doesn't support PCIe 4

144 hz
There is no particular use for this pc and that is what makes me confused . I study computer science and I think all of those CPUs would be good enough . For me I think 5600x is the best but i7 would be better for multi tasking so I am confused I hate intel i7 for some reasons
  • 14 nm semiconductor
  • large power consumption which would require an expensive cooler
  • more expensive motherboard in case of I wanted to overclock it or I should go for 10700F or 10700 and definitely 3800x would be better
  • 2900 mhz memory speed
  • it doesn't support PCIe 4
I’d probably lean towards the 5600X and a good quality B550 motherboard with strong VRM’s. Its a great performer for gaming but also multitasking, the extra single core performance makes up for the fewer cores/threads compared to the 3800X. There are already some good upgrade options should you want them and it seems likely AMD are going to do another cpu refresh on this socket so there will likely be more. With Intel there is a relatively limited upgrade path.

However I would not worry about differences in gaming performance between these CPU’s. When you see the reviews they are nearly always using a low resolution and over the top gpu to maximum any differences, in a more real world setup the differences will be much smaller and definitely not enough to change the gaming experience.

I also would not worry about pcie 4.0. For gpu’s it has not made any difference in performance yet. For storage you have to be doing something very specific to benefit, most users won’t notice a difference between a good SATA SSD and a high end pcie 4.0 drive.

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Ryzen 7 3800x
Ryzen 5 5600x
While the 5600X is top dog for it a 3800X is no slouch for gaming.

So clearly the 5600X for gaming exclusively, along with most other productivity apps. But the 3800X can present a use case if your computer science studies have demanding requirements that make use of computing cores more heavily. Perhaps for running VM's when coding for debugging and simulations.

You can get either CPU on a decent B550 board that's fairly cheap and leaves you upgrade potential to the best Ryzen CPU's; all the way up to 5950X.

Last edited:
Reactions: KylerZ