[SOLVED] CPU compatibility

Mar 15, 2020
Hi there guys, so recently i've upgraded my CPU from R5 2600 to R7 3700X on my ROG Strix B450 F Mobo.
I've done the bios update for compatibility with the new Ryzen CPU's just before i sold my previous CPU.
So here's the deal : Sometimes when i turn on the PC it just doesnt Post. If i turn off the power supply and turn it back on
it's working fine. I've checked if it's a issue with any of my components by unplugging them which isn't. I can't reset the bios
as I'm not having a spare Ryzen 2000 series CPU to update it. I've seen JayTwo had an issue with updating the bios on one
of his last videos as i was about to do the same this week. Any help on this one? Thanks

(First post here)

Solution
Hi there guys, so recently i've upgraded my CPU from R5 2600 to R7 3700X on my ROG Strix B450 F Mobo.
I've done the bios update for compatibility with the new Ryzen CPU's just before i sold my previous CPU.
So here's the deal : Sometimes when i turn on the PC it just doesnt Post. If i turn off the power supply and turn it back on
it's working fine. I've checked if it's a issue with any of my components by unplugging them which isn't. I can't reset the bios
as I'm not having a spare Ryzen 2000 series CPU to update it. I've seen JayTwo had an issue with updating the bios on one
of his last videos as i was about to do the same this week. Any help on this one? Thanks

(First post here)

First: ignore Jay2Cents video on his problems...

(First post here)

First: ignore Jay2Cents video on his problems with Ryzen; whatever his problem was it's almost without a doubt completely unrelated to yours. His video's are 'share my experience' entertainments he runs using free hardware given to reviewers. That means he's frequently using pre-production or engineering samples that does not represent the stuff we get as consumers.

Second: you have to be running your board with Ryzen 3000 compatible BIOS. Even if it is compatible earlier versions were known to be buggy (especially on B450 boards) so getting it updated to more recent help can help tremendously with stability.

Third: even if it is the latest BIOS and fully compatible, if you can't reset CMOS to clear bad configuration settings you can't fix anything. The only reason I can imagine you can't do that anyway is because the computer case is locked and you don't have the key.

Last and most important: nobody can help without knowing what hardware you have; what motherboard and memory at least are you running?

Last edited:
Solution