[SOLVED] CPU compatibility

Taksh K

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2014
Hello Elites

First of all sorry for my bad English. I have an Asus H97 pro gamer motherboard (LGA 1150 socket) and its installed with an Intel Pentium G3258 processor( because of budget).
asus h97 pro gamer
The system is working fine and i want to upgrade it with an intel i5-4690 processor to improve performance for new games . I am from India and 1150 socket is pretty outdated and not available on online sites in here so I want to buy it from Newegg.com.

(intel-core-i5-4th-gen-core-i5-4690)

I just wanted to confirm from experts like you whether the selected processor is compatible with my motherboard because returning the product will be expensive and troublesome. I tried checking the compatibilty of cpu with the board by Intel Desktop compatibility tool but it shows asus h97m-plus.
compatibility

Apart from that will the stock cooler of pentium g3258 be compatible for the above processor.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hello Elites

First of all sorry for my bad English. I have an Asus H97 pro gamer motherboard (LGA 1150 socket) and its installed with an Intel Pentium G3258 processor( because of budget).
asus h97 pro gamer
The system is working fine and i want to upgrade it with an intel i5-4690 processor to improve performance for new games . I am from India and 1150 socket is pretty outdated and not available on online sites in here so I want to buy it from Newegg.com.

I just wanted to confirm from experts like you whether the selected processor is compatible with my motherboard because returning the product will be expensive and troublesome. I tried checking the compatibilty of cpu with the...
Hello Elites

asus h97 pro gamer

I just wanted to confirm from experts like you whether the selected processor is compatible with my motherboard because returning the product will be expensive and troublesome. I tried checking the compatibilty of cpu with the board by Intel Desktop compatibility tool but it shows asus h97m-plus.
compatibility

Apart from that will the stock cooler of pentium g3258 be compatible for the above processor.

Thanks in advance.
The cpu support list for your mobo shows the 4690.
The newegg link says it comes with a heatsink and fan.

Reactions: Taksh K
Hello Elites

asus h97 pro gamer

compatibility

Thanks in advance.

Here is the CPU compatability page from Asys for your motherboard:

i5 4690 is supported. In terms of cooler, I would suggest getting an aftermarket cooler for the i5 as otherwise you risk thermal throttling the i5 on a stock cooler.

Reactions: Taksh K
Solution