[SOLVED] CPU consumed by a process and it overheats

Jul 5, 2019
so when i start my pc the case is already heating much, and the videos are freezing sometimes(the sound goes normally) i checked task manager and i found that the task with the name service host: local system is making my cpu go to 91% usage, how can i solve this

thanks

(ITS A NOTEBOOK NOT A DESKTOP)

Solution
That's usually windows doing windows things. 99% of time you cannot do Removed about it.
It happens when you have slow storage or when its close to windows update. If virus reached that point, you can format you PC.

If storage is the issue (HDD as boot drive), defragment it, free some space, and that process will just finish its crap sooner.

If its update, then it will go away while breaking something else.

I would focus on overheating as a problem.
That's usually windows doing windows things. 99% of time you cannot do Removed about it.
It happens when you have slow storage or when its close to windows update. If virus reached that point, you can format you PC.

If storage is the issue (HDD as boot drive), defragment it, free some space, and that process will just finish its crap sooner.

If its update, then it will go away while breaking something else.

I would focus on overheating as a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: haros_sg
Solution
Jul 5, 2019
so i checked, windows update is in the latest version of 8.1 i use win 8.1, my boot drive is clean litteraly y formatted it like 2 weeks ago and, since i formated it it is suposed to be clean of all type of virus i think